Re: [genpcncfir] Re: DNA Testing

  • cheryl rhoden
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 8 4:07 PM
      My Goodness Gwen ,,, what an amazing story and search you have ahead. First ,,
      my ,, I'm not even really how to put ,, just the deepest of condolences  and
      that doesn't seem like enough ,, to your Dad and your family.

      If your father knows the camp where he was held ,, you may be able to get the
      surnames from those records. And then see if there are DNA groups that match
      that surname. It is very important to have your Dad remember everything he can
      remember ,, absolutely everything. Sometimes ,, I know this from conversations
      with my 85-year-old Mom ,, you have to go back and back again. Sometimes ,, just
      talking about it helps them bring back memories.  Just the village or where he
      thought he lived .. then you can narrow down the surname group possibilities.

      There are likely a lot more people out in the world of DNA that can help you
      more than I can. And, I think there are many that help the families of Holocaust
      servivors. I also think you need to narrow your surname group search. Not sure
      if this helped you at all .. and my warmest wishes to you in your search. Cheryl
      Rhoden