Garrisons

  • mlsmith67
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 22, 2011
      Linda, I have some Garrisons from Georgia and Alabama in my line. Any connections to yours that you can see?

      Possible parents: Benjamin GARRISON m Nancy Agnes FARIS (no proof here)
      Child:
      Thomas Galespa GARRISON b SC 29 Jun 1798

      Thomas m Fanny HANKS c1823
      children:
      Polly A b c1824 m Jackson GARRISON
      Nancy C b c1825 m William H BRASHER
      Susan b c 1826 m Fanning BROWN
      Parthena b 3 Nov 1828 m John W R BAILEY
      Louisa b 9 Dec 1830 in Georgia m (1) Hudson W CULPEPPER, (2) Henry BRASHER
      Miriam b 17 Aug 1833 m Joel Adams CULPEPPER
      Adaline b c1835 in Georgia m Alexander A McALISTER
      John Thompson b 21 Jul 1837 in Coweta Co. Georgia m Almarinda BRASHER
      Thomas Jefferson b 9 Jul 1839 m (1) Elizabeth Matilda DOBBS, (2) Selena C BERRY
      Howard K b 9 Jul 1839

      At some time after the death of Louisa's first husband, Hudson Culpepper, Louisa, her two daughters, and her parents moved to Fayette Co. Alabama. Others of the family, including other Brashers, made the move also, but I don't know for sure how many. I also don't know whether she married Henry Brasher in Georgia or Alabama. (I'm descended from the older of her two Culpepper daughters).

      Margaret Lindsey Smith
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 22, 2011
        Sorry, I don't have any Garrisons.

        God Bless,
        Linda

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 23, 2011
          Hello, Margaret,

          Thank you for your posting. I can't be sure, but I don't think your Garrisons are connected to mine...at least I don't have yours in my database and I have many, many Garrisons.

          We have traced our Garrisons back to Isaac Garrison or Garrettson, born about 1655. I descend from Ephraim Garrison, born 1740, married Johanna Middleton. Their son, James, married Martha Dykes. James and Martha had two sons, David and Levi. James died young. David became a Methodist minister and moved from GA to Coffee Co., then Geneva Co., Alabama. He is one of the first Methodist ministers in Alabama and is listed as such in a book about Methodists in Alabama. I descend through his daughter Ellendor, who married William Robert Cain (died in Atlanta in Civil War), and through their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Cain, who married William Lewis Simmons, Sr., through their son, WL, Jr. who was my grandfather.

          I noticed that your last name is Lindsey. I also have Lindsey in my line and we are stuck at 1800. John Lindsey married July/Julie Robbins and moved from Warren Co., GA to Coffee Co, AL. John was born about 1800. His mother's name was Elizabeth, for she lived with them. I haven't been able to find any other connections for him.

          Hope this helps you to connect to or disconnect from my Garrisons! I could sure use some help on the Lindseys.

          I don't have too much time for genealogy and research. I am a CPA with my own practice and I stay busy nearly the whole year!

          Kind regards,

          Linda C. Maxwell-Fisher

          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com