Re: [NC-PCFR] CEMETERY BOOKS

  • Debbie Fields Murphy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2011
      Thought this was worth forwarding... Debbie

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 15, 2011
        That is beautiful Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Amy Hunt

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 15, 2011
          I liked it too.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 15, 2011, at 11:15 AM, "Amaryllis \"Amy\" W. Hunt" <amaryllish@...> wrote:

          > That is beautiful Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Amy Hunt

        • Linda C. Maxwell
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
            I would like to purchase one of the cemetery books if they are still available.

            I am most interested in the Mills Cemetery. I descend from James Mills who married Rebecca Hicks, d/o Thomas Hicks and Thankful Weeks. I descend through their son, Shadrach, who married Sarah Lanier, through their daughter, Hester Lanier Mills. While not ancestor related, I also research the line of Frederick Mills, brother of Shadrach, who married Martha Dykes Garrison. Martha was first married to James Garrison and had two sons. James died young. Martha then married Frederick. They moved to lower Georgia. I descend from one of James and Martha's sons, David, who was one of the first Methodist ministers in Alabama.

            Thanks for letting me ramble!

            Kind regards,

            Linda C Maxwell-Fisher

            To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
            From: paulabaker69@...
            Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:17:22 -0600
            Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Re: [NC-PCFR] CEMETERY BOOKS

            I liked it too.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jan 15, 2011, at 11:15 AM, "Amaryllis \"Amy\" W. Hunt" <amaryllish@...> wrote:

            > That is beautiful Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Amy Hunt

          • cheryl rhoden
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
              Hi Linda ... Now ,, I'm not familiar with your Hicks names and Weeks names ..
              but I do have both of those names in my lines. I have a Hicks that married into
              my Johns lines .. and I certainly have the Weeks lines. Do you have any more
              info on your Thankful Weeks and the years and where?

              I may be able to send you info that will help you. But, I sure need to know the
              dates and locations. best, cheryl o7o

              From: paulabaker69@...
              Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:17:22 -0600
            • Linda C. Maxwell
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
                Hi, Cheryl,

                My Hicks are Thomas Hicks, born about 1725 died April 1775 in Duplin Co., NC. His wife, Thankful Weeks, born about 1725, died Jan 1785, Duplin Co., NC. both left wills. Only child was Rebecca (abt 1750 to about 1810), married James Mills, sonof William Mills and Anna Garster. James born about 1740, died about 1784, Duplin Co., NC. I believe that he is the James Mills who was a captain in the American Revolution. I know that Thomas and Thankful are listed as having given money and supplies to the AM Rev war effort.

                Thankful was athe daughter of Benjamin Weeks and Mary Chase. Ben was born 4/4/1685 in Falmouth, Mass, died 11/9/1744 Carteret Co., NC, buried Weeks Family Cemetery on White Oak River, Carteret Co., NC. Mary Chase born 1/17/1687 in Tisbury, Dukes Co., Mass. No date of death for her. Ten children, only have dates for Thankful and Theophilus, born 1708.

                Mary Chase, d/o Isaac Chase and Mary Tilton. All Massachusetts. I have more on Chases.

                Benjamin Weeks, s/o William Weeks and Mercy Robinson, all Massachusetts. Mercy was the daughter of Isaac Robinson who was son of John Robinson, the pastor to the Puritans in Holland who sent the Mayflower. Mercy was named in the will of Miles Standish.

                Hope this helps a bit.

                Thank you for any help!

                Kind regards,

                Linda

                What about purchasing the cemetery book? What happened to the Mills cemetery?

                To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com

                From: paulabaker69@...
                Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:17:22 -0600

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
                  There was a Jesse Hicks from Dobbs or Greene that married a Mary Ann Baker, the daughter of Elijah Baker. If you google the name Elvin Farris, you will see this line. I believe this Hicks moved to Union County South Carolina. This could be part of my Baker line. My line related by DNA to Elijah Baker of Johnston county but don't know if it's the same Elijah as this Mary Ann's father. Paula Baker

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:14 PM, "Linda C. Maxwell" <lindamaxwell44@...> wrote:

                  > I would like to purchase one of the cemetery books if they are still available.
                  >
                  > I am most interested in the Mills Cemetery. I descend from James Mills who married Rebecca Hicks, d/o Thomas Hicks and Thankful Weeks. I descend through their son, Shadrach, who married Sarah Lanier, through their daughter, Hester Lanier Mills. While not ancestor related, I also research the line of Frederick Mills, brother of Shadrach, who married Martha Dykes Garrison. Martha was first married to James Garrison and had two sons. James died young. Martha then married Frederick. They moved to lower Georgia. I descend from one of James and Martha's sons, David, who was one of the first Methodist ministers in Alabama.
                  >
                  > Thanks for letting me ramble!
                  >
                  > Kind regards,
                  >
                  > Linda C Maxwell-Fisher
                  >

                  > To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: paulabaker69@...
                  > Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:17:22 -0600
                  > Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Re: [NC-PCFR] CEMETERY BOOKS
                  >

                  > I liked it too.
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone
                  >
                  > On Jan 15, 2011, at 11:15 AM, "Amaryllis \"Amy\" W. Hunt" <amaryllish@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> That is beautiful Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Amy Hunt

                • mlsmith67
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2011
                    Linda, I have some Garrisons from Georgia and Alabama in my line. Any connections to yours that you can see?

                    Possible parents: Benjamin GARRISON m Nancy Agnes FARIS (no proof here)
                    Child:
                    Thomas Galespa GARRISON b SC 29 Jun 1798

                    Thomas m Fanny HANKS c1823
                    children:
                    Polly A b c1824 m Jackson GARRISON
                    Nancy C b c1825 m William H BRASHER
                    Susan b c 1826 m Fanning BROWN
                    Parthena b 3 Nov 1828 m John W R BAILEY
                    Louisa b 9 Dec 1830 in Georgia m (1) Hudson W CULPEPPER, (2) Henry BRASHER
                    Miriam b 17 Aug 1833 m Joel Adams CULPEPPER
                    Adaline b c1835 in Georgia m Alexander A McALISTER
                    John Thompson b 21 Jul 1837 in Coweta Co. Georgia m Almarinda BRASHER
                    Thomas Jefferson b 9 Jul 1839 m (1) Elizabeth Matilda DOBBS, (2) Selena C BERRY
                    Howard K b 9 Jul 1839

                    At some time after the death of Louisa's first husband, Hudson Culpepper, Louisa, her two daughters, and her parents moved to Fayette Co. Alabama. Others of the family, including other Brashers, made the move also, but I don't know for sure how many. I also don't know whether she married Henry Brasher in Georgia or Alabama. (I'm descended from the older of her two Culpepper daughters).

                    Margaret Lindsey Smith
                  • Linda
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2011
                      Sorry, I don't have any Garrisons.

                      God Bless,
                      Linda

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 23, 2011
                        Hello, Margaret,

                        Thank you for your posting. I can't be sure, but I don't think your Garrisons are connected to mine...at least I don't have yours in my database and I have many, many Garrisons.

                        We have traced our Garrisons back to Isaac Garrison or Garrettson, born about 1655. I descend from Ephraim Garrison, born 1740, married Johanna Middleton. Their son, James, married Martha Dykes. James and Martha had two sons, David and Levi. James died young. David became a Methodist minister and moved from GA to Coffee Co., then Geneva Co., Alabama. He is one of the first Methodist ministers in Alabama and is listed as such in a book about Methodists in Alabama. I descend through his daughter Ellendor, who married William Robert Cain (died in Atlanta in Civil War), and through their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Cain, who married William Lewis Simmons, Sr., through their son, WL, Jr. who was my grandfather.

                        I noticed that your last name is Lindsey. I also have Lindsey in my line and we are stuck at 1800. John Lindsey married July/Julie Robbins and moved from Warren Co., GA to Coffee Co, AL. John was born about 1800. His mother's name was Elizabeth, for she lived with them. I haven't been able to find any other connections for him.

                        Hope this helps you to connect to or disconnect from my Garrisons! I could sure use some help on the Lindseys.

                        I don't have too much time for genealogy and research. I am a CPA with my own practice and I stay busy nearly the whole year!

                        Kind regards,

                        Linda C. Maxwell-Fisher

                        To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com