Pitt County Townships

  • Fred Stokes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
      Happy New Year everybody!

      I have been constructing my family ancestry for a while now and continue to run across two townships identified on Federal census records for which I'm unfamiliar. These are: Andrews and Beaver Dam. I would like your help in identifying approximately where these townships are located within Pitt County. A link to a map showing these would be even better.

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Fred Stokes
    • Judy N. Lewis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
        Try this:  http://www.lib.unc.edu/dc/ncmaps/?CISOROOT=/ncmaps   Search Pitt County.  There is a map that shows Beaver Dam between Greenville and Farmville.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
          For the Andrews District:

          Go to the Pitt County Family Researchers Website and click "on line resources".  From there look at the 1850 Census and you will see a  map showing the Districts.  You will find Andrews on the top center.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
            Judy,
            Thanks to you I was able to find Andrews on the 1850 census map along with other townships that no longer exist.

            Fred