one more thing

  • jonfa30@embarqmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2010
      One more thing I need to tell you to look for.
      Is it a celeron computer?
      WalMart sold some laptops on Black Friday for $198 which sounded good! I was almost tempted to go early (never again) until I read the fine print that it was a celeron.
      A celeron is like a tricycle next to a bicycle. The new computers are like motorcycles to a bicycle. A celeron is limited and no amount of money spent on it will give you the speed you needto get some programs to work. It is basically a word processor and the old FTM programs. And the newer word processors have some problems with celerons too.
      I do photo restoration and tried some photos on one and I was really frustrated....it would take forever to do anything.
      If you have a celeron and it works with the programs you are running, no problem. I wouldn't worry about anything. As long as it does the job, it is good.
      Faye Hays