Lemuel Sumerell

  • William Kittrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2010
      Does anyone have information on the parents of Lemuel Sumerell
      b. ca 1825. He married Mary Melvina Witherington, b. 1827.
      d/o Silas Witherington.

      I have been helping someone on this family and have about 17 pages
      of information. But I need info on Lemuel's parents.

      Lemuel had a son
      James E. b. 1865
      and he had a son
      Jesse James b. 1895

      I have list of children for James E. Sumerell and Jesse James Sumerell

    • Shade Barnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
        I am a descandent of this Lemuel Summerell.

        Lemuel Summerell was born January 1814 in NC, and died Bef. 1910 in Pitt Co, NC.  He married Mary Melvina Witherington abt. 1849, daughter of Silas Witherington and Susan Smith.  She was born abt. 1830 in Pitt Co, NC, and died Bef 1900 in Pitt Co, NC.  I  have alot of stuff on this family.  My Grandmother on my Mom's side was was Claire Summerell who married

        Erenest Franks.

        I go back as far as Thomas Summerell was born Bef 1755 and died Bef 1830 in Lenoir Co, NC.  He married Unknown.  She was born Bef 1765 and Aft 1820.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
          Bill,
          I have Lemuel Sumerell on my database, but not his parents.

          As he's not a direct ancestor, I haven't done much research on him.
          However, I have several aliases for his surname:

          Summerell
          Sumerell (on 1850 Census)
          Sumersell (on 1880 Census)
          Sumrell (in article "Death of Lam Sumrell D.R. 15 July 1904")

          I have an indicator that he may have used Samuel,
          but it may be a misinterpretation of a script "L" v/s "S"

          I found this in the old notes: /it's an email you sent on June 30, 2008.
          Marcia