ELDERS

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
      Here is a list of the Elders of the Wilson PB Church (Toisnot)
      taken from the 190th Anniversary (1756-1946) book. There are
      sketches of each of the Elders. If any of them are your ancestors,
      I will be glad to scan that page and sent to you. The years beside
      the names are when they served as Elders.

      ELDERS:

      JOHN THOMAS, Sr. (1756-1782)

      RUBEN HAYES (1787-1802)

      JORDAN SHERROD (1802-1842)

      ICHABOD MOORE (1842-1851)

      JOHN HENRY DANIEL (1851-1870)

      BENNETT PITT (1870-1871)

      PLEASANT DANIEL GOLD (1871-1920)

      COLUMBUS FRANKLIN DENNY (1920-1926)

      JULIUS CAESAR MOORE (1926-1926)

      SIDNEY BOAZ DENNY (1926- )
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
        Bill is there anything about Jesse Baker? Perhaps who his father was?

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 19, 2010, at 7:31 AM, "Bill Kittrell" <wbk99@...> wrote:

        > Here is a list of the Elders of the Wilson PB Church (Toisnot)
        > taken from the 190th Anniversary (1756-1946) book. There are
        > sketches of each of the Elders. If any of them are your ancestors,
        > I will be glad to scan that page and sent to you. The years beside
        > the names are when they served as Elders.
        >
        > ELDERS:
        >
        > JOHN THOMAS, Sr. (1756-1782)
        >
        > RUBEN HAYES (1787-1802)
        >
        > JORDAN SHERROD (1802-1842)
        >
        > ICHABOD MOORE (1842-1851)
        >
        > JOHN HENRY DANIEL (1851-1870)
        >
        > BENNETT PITT (1870-1871)
        >
        > PLEASANT DANIEL GOLD (1871-1920)
        >
        > COLUMBUS FRANKLIN DENNY (1920-1926)
        >
        > JULIUS CAESAR MOORE (1926-1926)
        >
        > SIDNEY BOAZ DENNY (1926- )

      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
          No, not in what I read. I have not read all of it.
          It is about 51 pages. Will be looking at the rest
          of the booklet.

          Here is a list of the names present at the constituing of
          the Toisnot PB Church, Sept 7, 1756.
          Elder John Thomas, John Thomas, Jr., Jonathan Thomas,
          Moses Baker, John Barnes, their respective wives.
          Sarah Hickmanand Obedience Thomas, daughter of the Pastor.
          Elders George Graham and John Moore.

          Bill is there anything about Jesse Baker? Perhaps who his father was?

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jul 19, 2010, at 7:31 AM, "Bill Kittrell" <wbk99@...> wrote:

          > Here is a list of the Elders of the Wilson PB Church (Toisnot)
          > taken from the 190th Anniversary (1756-1946) book. There are
          > sketches of each of the Elders. If any of them are your ancestors,
          > I will be glad to scan that page and sent to you. The years beside
          > the names are when they served as Elders.
          >
          > ELDERS:
          >
          > JOHN THOMAS, Sr. (1756-1782)
          >
          > RUBEN HAYES (1787-1802)
          >
          > JORDAN SHERROD (1802-1842)
          >
          > ICHABOD MOORE (1842-1851)
          >
          > JOHN HENRY DANIEL (1851-1870)
          >
          > BENNETT PITT (1870-1871)
          >
          > PLEASANT DANIEL GOLD (1871-1920)
          >
          > COLUMBUS FRANKLIN DENNY (1920-1926)
          >
          > JULIUS CAESAR MOORE (1926-1926)
          >
          > SIDNEY BOAZ DENNY (1926- )

        • cheryl rhoden
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
            Bill,   I have to say that name John Moore did jump out at me. Do you have any
            idea where the location of this church was? best, cheryl o7o

            ________________________________

            Bill is there anything about Jesse Baker? Perhaps who his father was?

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jul 19, 2010, at 7:31 AM, "Bill Kittrell" <wbk99@...> wrote:

            > Here is a list of the Elders of the Wilson PB Church (Toisnot)
            > taken from the 190th Anniversary (1756-1946) book. There are
            > sketches of each of the Elders. If any of them are your ancestors,
            > I will be glad to scan that page and sent to you. The years beside
            > the names are when they served as Elders.
            >
            > ELDERS:
            >
            > JOHN THOMAS, Sr. (1756-1782)
            >
            > RUBEN HAYES (1787-1802)
            >
            > JORDAN SHERROD (1802-1842)
            >
            > ICHABOD MOORE (1842-1851)
            >
            > JOHN HENRY DANIEL (1851-1870)
            >
            > BENNETT PITT (1870-1871)
            >
            > PLEASANT DANIEL GOLD (1871-1920)
            >
            > COLUMBUS FRANKLIN DENNY (1920-1926)
            >
            > JULIUS CAESAR MOORE (1926-1926)
            >
            > SIDNEY BOAZ DENNY (1926- )

          • Bill Kittrell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
              According to statement in the book:
              Note that this was written in 1946 for the 190th celebration.

              This first building of the Toisnot Church was made
              of mortised and pegged timbers and measured 28 x 16 feet.

              It was situated on the Tarboro Highway 3.5 miles from the
              present Wilson County Court House, and .2 mile to the right
              of the present highway. One of the original oaks is still
              standing in the ruins of the old graveyard, which is situated
              on the farm of Deacon Drake Thomas and adjoining that of
              George W. Thomas.

              Elder Thomas gave his son Jonathan Thomas (1759) 200 acres
              excluding one acre for meeting house. Recorded in Edcombe
              County records.

              It does make a statement that in 1800 when the building became
              too small it was decided to move it to the crossroads, which
              around the town of Wilson was built.

              Wilson county is bordered by Toisnot Creek on the north and
              Contentnea Creek on the south.

              After saying all of that I still have not pinpointed where it was
              located. Deed is recorded in Edgecombe County.