[genpcfr] Re: GRAVE SITES

  • Gloria Taylor
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 1999
      Thank you very much for the Cemetery listing!!!! It already has been most
      helpful to me. Thank you Elizabeth and Roger and another thank you to you
      too Bill for the Cemeteries you posted not long ago. Pitt County is the
      "bestest" in providing information to the air waves along with Lenoir
      County. Gloria
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 31, 1999
        Let me add my appreciation for all of the long hours it takes to do the work
        Bill and Elizabeth and others do to help all of us. I agree PCFR and Lenoir
        has the best on line site and Greene is coming along also. Maybe some other
        States will be inspired by our people. Thanks again.
        Linda Melvin
      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 11 3:43 PM
          Mary and I have surveyed 40 grave sites in the last 15 days. Mainly in
          the Falkland and Fountain area. If any of you have any sites that we may
          not know about please let me know. We are working as hard as possible.
          As mentioned before we are re-checking St. Amand's records and making
          corrections as we find them. I know there are many in the woods that we
          don't know about. If you live outside of Pitt and know of any we will
          try and check them for you.
          Bill
        • Evelyn Hendricks
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11 7:38 PM
            Bill,
            Have you found any around the Falkland area for anyone with the surname
            Peopples or Peebles or Peeples? Howel Peopples and his wife Clary died
            sometime between 1860 and 1870. I would very much like to find out more
            about them.
            Evleyn

          • lburf73801@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11 8:55 PM
              Bill,
              have you by any chance come across Polly ROGERS MOORE, Hillary MOORE or
              Pennie (Penelope) MOORE MORGAN? I have no idea of the cemetery name(s),
              but they lived in the Falkland area. Polly died about 1873, Hillary
              (her husband) between 1860 and 1870. No clue when Pennie died, but it
              was after 1900 and she was born in 1852. Pennie was the daughter of
              Polly and Hillary. She married Thomas Nelson McKEE in 1870, was
              widowed, then married Isaac MORGAN about 1874.

              Also, is there such a place as Farmville Cemetery? And have you ever
              heard of a Maplewood Cemetery in Pitt? I have the death certificates of
              my great-grandparents, Thomas Rankin McKEE and Sallie Aldonia ABRAMS
              McKEE and am puzzled by the burial information given on them. Thomas'
              says he died in Greenville and was buried in Farmville Cemetery in
              August 1935. Sallie's says she died in Farmville and was buried in
              Maplewood Cemetery in February 1928. I can't find either of these
              cemeteries listed anywhere in Pitt, though there are 6 Maplewood
              cemeteries elsewhere in NC.

              Any insight you (or anyone else) can offer is appreciated.

              Thanks,
              Lisa
              Researching Abrams, DuPree, Moore, Watson and allied families in
              eastern NC.

              bill kittrell <wbk9-@...> wrote:
              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr/?start=2625
              > Mary and I have surveyed 40 grave sites in the last 15 days. Mainly in
              > the Falkland and Fountain area. If any of you have any sites that we
              may
              > not know about please let me know. We are working as hard as possible.
              > As mentioned before we are re-checking St. Amand's records and making
              > corrections as we find them. I know there are many in the woods that
              we
              > don't know about. If you live outside of Pitt and know of any we will
              > try and check them for you.
              > Bill
            • Nelson J Brown
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 12 5:17 AM
                There are or were 6 cemeterys with that name. Orange , Wayne, Wilson,
                Durham, Johnston, Lenoir counties. It is could be Wayne, Wilson or Lenoir
                co or any of the other three but bets are the first 3 listed.
                .Jim Brown

                > have you by any chance come across Polly ROGERS MOORE, Hillary MOORE or
                > Pennie (Penelope) MOORE MORGAN? I have no idea of the cemetery name(s),
                > but they lived in the Falkland area. Polly died about 1873, Hillary
                > (her husband) between 1860 and 1870. No clue when Pennie died, but it
                > was after 1900 and she was born in 1852. Pennie was the daughter of
                > Polly and Hillary. She married Thomas Nelson McKEE in 1870, was
                > widowed, then married Isaac MORGAN about 1874.
                >
                > Also, is there such a place as Farmville Cemetery? And have you ever
                > heard of a Maplewood Cemetery in Pitt? I have the death certificates of
                > my great-grandparents, Thomas Rankin McKEE and Sallie Aldonia ABRAMS
                > McKEE and am puzzled by the burial information given on them. Thomas'
                > says he died in Greenville and was buried in Farmville Cemetery in
                > August 1935. Sallie's says she died in Farmville and was buried in
                > Maplewood Cemetery in February 1928. I can't find either of these
                > cemeteries listed anywhere in Pitt, though there are 6 Maplewood
                > cemeteries elsewhere in NC.
                >
                > Any insight you (or anyone else) can offer is appreciated.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Lisa
                > Researching Abrams, DuPree, Moore, Watson and allied families in
                > eastern NC.
                >
                > bill kittrell <wbk9-@...> wrote:
                > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr/?start=2625
                > > Mary and I have surveyed 40 grave sites in the last 15 days. Mainly in
                > > the Falkland and Fountain area. If any of you have any sites that we
                > may
                > > not know about please let me know. We are working as hard as possible.
                > > As mentioned before we are re-checking St. Amand's records and making
                > > corrections as we find them. I know there are many in the woods that
                > we
                > > don't know about. If you live outside of Pitt and know of any we will
                > > try and check them for you.
                > > Bill

                > Start your own free email group on eGroups.

                > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/genpcfr/?m=1

              • Nelson J Brown
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 12 5:49 AM
                  And a looksee at Farmville Cemetery. Maybe it is Farmville, Chatham co.
                  where there is a Farmville Cemetery. It is NW of Sanford.

                  Jim Brown

                • CWhite9124@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 12 7:22 PM
                    Bill,

                    There is a Williams and also a Marlboro Cemetery near Farmville that I would
                    appreciate your surveying. I have been trying to get information on the
                    locations, but no success so far. I have written to Funeral Homes, but no

                    Claude White
                  • LdMel1@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 12 10:11 PM
                      There are 2 cemeteries in Farmville and the Funeral Home could give you
                      locations as they are in town. As for the Maplewood Cemetery I would check
                      the Maplewood Cemetery in Kinston,(Lenoir Co) first. There are Moore's
                      there, but don't know if it is your line. Some of the Moore's I have come
                      across are connected to Rigg Moore don't know if he was in both Greene and
                      Lenoir Co. Maplewood is a very large old cemetery. If you go there do not go
                      alone and don't take a purse as it is just off S. Queen Street not in a good
                      location. You can check with the Register of Deeds office and they can check
                      the name for you to see if they are buried there. Good luck and let me know
                      if I can help.
                      Linda Melvin might could
                    • Bill Kittrell
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 13 5:14 AM
                        Claude, I too am trying to find some in the Farmville area. Will call
                        them for you and see what I can find. You can rest assured if I find
                        them they will be recorded. I know there is a large Black cemetery just
                        west of Farmville by a church. I will be doing that one soon. I thought
                        at one time things were slowing down but now so many have responded like
                        you I know there are numberous others out there to get to. I am getting
                        to the point now I can't remember which I have done. I use to tell you
                        names off the top of my head..so many now. I think I am running between
                        7,000 to 8,000 names and have not done the large city sites. Thanks for
                        your help. Bill

                        CWhite9124@... wrote:

                        > Bill,
                        >
                        > There is a Williams and also a Marlboro Cemetery near Farmville that I would
                        > appreciate your surveying. I have been trying to get information on the
                        > locations, but no success so far. I have written to Funeral Homes, but no
                        >
                        > Claude White

                        > Get a FREE $10 gas card when you join carclub.com. As a member,
                        > you can save up to $550 a year if you own a car, and thousands
                        > more when you're buying one.

                        > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=genpcfr&m=1
                      • Martha Marble
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 13 6:17 AM
                          Bill,

                          There is the Lang Cemetery at Lang's Crossroads. Last time I was in there,
                          it was in pretty decent shape but that was some years ago. I have a couple
                          of pictures of some of the stones but did not canvass the entire cemetery.

                          There was also a cemetery which apparently had wooden markers - Bakers
                          buried there - on the old Lang now Mewborn property right down from the
                          Lang Cemetery. I used to know exactly where it was, but the person who
                          rents from my first cousin plowed it up a number of years ago. Called the
                          Sheriff, first cousin or not. I don't remember if it had any stones.

                          Martha