Re: Mary F. POTTS/Mathias TYSON

  • TanyaE
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 12, 2010
      This is definitely something to look into.

      Tanya:)

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, James Anglim <JimAnglim@...> wrote:

      > Checking online, I found a book that raises a question regarding Mary
      > Potts as the wife of Mathias Tyson of Pitt County. Google books has
      > the text of "The Potts family in America" (1901). According to the
      > book, the Matthias Tyson who married Mary Potts was born in Germantown
      > PA in 1686 and died there in 1727. His parents are shown as Reynier
      > and Margaret Tyson. The children listed for Matthias and Mary do not
      > match with the children of Mathias of Pitt County.
      >
      > I don't know what the Hill Family book says on the matter.
      >
      > The links is: http://books.google.com/booksid=UusaAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq=matthais+tyson+%22mary+potts%22&source=bl&ots=MTcFX7Bsi3&sig=Eqa2dXye5JDVBMVjzl42A8bZUyw&hl=en&ei=r5WRS4bnBJGNlAfW8On6AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwAA#v
      > =onepage&q=&f=false)
      >

      > On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Tanya Wydick wrote:
      >
      > > Thank you so much, Marcia!
      > >
      > > Tanya

    • cheryl rhoden
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 24, 2010
        Jean,   I have not run into this line in my own research. But, I did note his middle name was Noble. There is a lot of info out on the net on the Noble/Nobles family from Pitt. They did seem to cross with the Moore family (my line). And, the naming tradition was to give a family name as a middle name. I just offer this up as an idea. best, Cheryl Rhoden