Re: [genpcncfir] Mary F. POTTS/Mathias TYSON

  • James Anglim
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 5, 2010
      Checking online, I found a book that raises a question regarding Mary
      Potts as the wife of Mathias Tyson of Pitt County. Google books has
      the text of "The Potts family in America" (1901). According to the
      book, the Matthias Tyson who married Mary Potts was born in Germantown
      PA in 1686 and died there in 1727. His parents are shown as Reynier
      and Margaret Tyson. The children listed for Matthias and Mary do not
      match with the children of Mathias of Pitt County.

      I don't know what the Hill Family book says on the matter.

      The links is: http://books.google.com/booksid=UusaAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq=matthais+tyson+%22mary+potts%22&source=bl&ots=MTcFX7Bsi3&sig=Eqa2dXye5JDVBMVjzl42A8bZUyw&hl=en&ei=r5WRS4bnBJGNlAfW8On6AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwAA#v
      =onepage&q=&f=false)

      On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Tanya Wydick wrote:

      > Thank you so much, Marcia!
      >
      > Tanya

    • cheryl rhoden
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 24, 2010
        Jean,   I have not run into this line in my own research. But, I did note his middle name was Noble. There is a lot of info out on the net on the Noble/Nobles family from Pitt. They did seem to cross with the Moore family (my line). And, the naming tradition was to give a family name as a middle name. I just offer this up as an idea. best, Cheryl Rhoden