Mary Emily Parker

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 4, 2010
      Tonya - no problem; I view this as a discussion; not a trial.
      Anything I write may be incorrect per a typo, misunderstanding or the researchers have it wrong.

      If Mary Emily Parker is mother to Col. John Hardee, Sr. [1707-1784] (also to Thomas and Robert), then she's the wife of Joseph Hardee [born in Dorchestershire, England, who died in 1771].

      "THE EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA HARDY/HARDEE FAMILY Indiana THE SOUTH AND SOUTH WEST by David HARDY states the parents of this Joseph Hardee (and Thomas, John and Anthony) are John Noble Worthington Hardee [d:07Oct1697] and Mary Emily Parker - both born in Wales but they lived and died in Dorchestershire, England.

      Their son John Hardy, Sr. [7Sep1665-19Jan1717/8 in Chowan, NC] was also a colonel - he married Charity O'Dyer.

      ----------------
      It's hard - there seems to be two Colonel John Hardy/Hardee, Sr.
      - both with a mother named Mary;
      - both lived & died in North Carolina;
      - both may have been born in England;
      anyway, if this researcher is accurate, they were related - uncle to nephew.

      ---------------------
      What amazed me most is
      John Noble Worthington Hardee's [b:1635-1638/d:07Oct1697] name.
      This is the 1600's and he has three major NC surnames. WOW!
      Marcia

    • cheryl rhoden
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 24, 2010
        Jean,   I have not run into this line in my own research. But, I did note his middle name was Noble. There is a lot of info out on the net on the Noble/Nobles family from Pitt. They did seem to cross with the Moore family (my line). And, the naming tradition was to give a family name as a middle name. I just offer this up as an idea. best, Cheryl Rhoden

        ________________________________
        I have not come across an early 1600's marriage of a Worthington and a
        Hardee. Would you elaborate as to whom John Noble Worthington Hardee
        belongs.

        Jean W.

        _____

        John Noble Worthington Hardee's [b:1635-1638/ d:07Oct1697] name.
        This is the 1600's and he has three major NC surnames. WOW!
        Marcia

        Internal Virus Database is out of date.
        07:34:00