Hardee-Smith

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      I have a report that Jonathan Butcher did for me in 1987 on the
      Hardee-Smith-Kittrell connections. There were questions about
      the Hardee connections but still a very good report.

      I will try and get it posted on Pitt County Family Researchers
      Web site.

      Regarding Isaac Hardee, Col. John Hardee's son.
      Isaac was born May 22, 1734 died Jan 9, 1760
      married Cassandra Smith (no info)
      Possibly Isaac and Cassandra had a daughter named
      Elizabeth. One researcher says they had two daughters.

      Isaac Hardee's tombstone
      ISAAC HARDEE, Son of John Hardee, Esq. & Susannah, his wife b. ____ __,
      ____
      d. January 9, 1760 Age 25 Years 7 Mos 17 Days Inscription: Here lies
      buried the
      Body of Mr. Isaac Hardee, son of John Hardee Esq. and Susannah His wife
      who
      departed this life Jan 9th, 1760 Aged 25 Years 7 Mos 17 Ds
      "Could bloom of Youth, could universal love, Could tears of parting
      friends to pity
      move, Relentless Fate, Sure Fate had been inclin'd, To spare a hand for
      other joys
      design'd; But since one common death one common grave awaits the
      Youthful man
      the generous Brave, Since naught on Earth but yields to God's Decree,
      and Heaven
      declared that short man's life shall be; Let this Fair Flower, Crop't
      in its Freshest
      Bloom, Teach us that Life's a span that Death's our door That all our
      hope's on our
      Redeemer Rest; Like Him with Him Rest; Like Him with Him be Blest.