Re: [genpcncfir] Mary F. POTTS

  • Tanya Wydick
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 1, 2010
      Thank you so much, Marcia!

      Tanya

      ________________________________
      From: Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, March 1, 2010 5:42:41 PM
      Subject: [genpcncfir] Mary F. POTTS

      Tonya,
      Not that I research these names, but I found:
      Mary F. POTTS [1661-1738], the wife of Mathias Tyson [d:1710] and the mother of 11 children, one being Susannah Tyson [16 Jun 1701-05 Aug 1785].

      One of Mary's descendants baptized her on 05 Feb 1924.
      see RootsWeb.com "Pitt County Families" by Lisa Wallendorf Scarola
      see book "The Hill and Related Families of Easter North Carolina " by William Hill
      see book "The Tyson and May Genealogy of Pitt Co."

      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 24, 2010
        Jean,   I have not run into this line in my own research. But, I did note his middle name was Noble. There is a lot of info out on the net on the Noble/Nobles family from Pitt. They did seem to cross with the Moore family (my line). And, the naming tradition was to give a family name as a middle name. I just offer this up as an idea. best, Cheryl Rhoden