Re: [genpcncfir] Land

  • Bill & Gayle Arnold
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3 9:17 AM
      Thank you for this great information. I have spent many hours in the
      basement vault in the courthouse in Greenville making copies of deeds
      between 1770 and 1820. The deedbooks are in great condition, and the index
      is very good. The clerks are very helpful. It has been lots of fun to
      drive around and look at land that was farmed by my gggggrandfather near
      Grimesland. Sometimes you even get a chance to walk around on the land.

      I have never found an actual drawn survey. I have planned to draw up some
      myself but have not gotten around to actually doing it. Where would I find
      access to these 90 pages? Where can I find information as to how to plat
      the land using software instead of pencil and paper?

      Bill Arnold - Birmingham, Alabama.

      On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@...> wrote:

      > Hi Martha ,, Interesting. Thanks for posting this. I think part of your
      > message was cut off at the end. best, Cheryl Rhoden
      >
      > Researching: Moore/Rhoden/Raulerson/Johns/Mayfield/O'Steen and more
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Martha-Gay Morton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 9:30 AM
        Google Deedmapper and your will find how to order their software. This is the one I use. I am sure there are many others. I still do many of my deeds by hand, although this takes more time.
        The article came from the North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal May 1990 issue. pages 80-85. Copies of these journals are in many libraries.
        All the best.
        MGM

        Thank you for this great information.  I have spent many hours in the
        basement vault in the courthouse in Greenville making copies of deeds
        between 1770 and 1820.  The deedbooks are in great condition, and the index
        is very good.  The clerks are very helpful.  It has been lots of fun to
        drive around and look at land that was farmed by my gggggrandfather near
        Grimesland.  Sometimes you even get a chance to walk around on the land.

        I have never found an actual drawn survey.  I have planned to draw up some
        myself but have not gotten around to actually doing it.  Where would I find
        access to these 90 pages?  Where can I find information as to how to plat
        the land using software instead of pencil and paper?

        Bill Arnold  -  Birmingham, Alabama.

        On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@...> wrote:

        > Hi Martha ,, Interesting. Thanks for posting this. I think part of your
        > message was cut off at the end. best, Cheryl Rhoden
        >
        > Researching: Moore/Rhoden/Raulerson/Johns/Mayfield/O'Steen and more

        RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:                        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources:   http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir%c2%a0
        Yahoo! Groups Links