Jewelle and Robert/aIt's possible this George is George T. Baker and not George Naron, not sure

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010
      This could be why your Andrew J. Baker ended up in Wilson.  By 1860, Jesse Baker, the Primitive Baptist preacher, is in Wilson County.  He died after 1880, I believe and his wife Mary "Polly" Cherry from Edgecombe died and he remarried late in life.  Maybe a Rogers?  Not sure where George is in the next census.  You will need to look around some.  All these Bakers had two names.  Sometimes they went by one and sometimes another.  But I think the Theophilus thing is wrong.  Unless that was one of George's names.  George may have died in the CW.  Not sure.

      This gives you a lead to work on anyway.  Disregard that other stuff I sent you.

      And keep in mind that George may have had three given names.
      Name
      Age
      Jessee Baker 40
      Mary Baker 36
      Martha Baker 18
      Cherry Baker 17
      Gatcy Baker 15
      George Baker 13
      Mehaly Baker 11
      Benit Baker 9
      David Baker 6
      Edvin Baker 5
      Asa Baker 0
      Name
      Age
      Jessee Baker 40
      Mary Baker 36
      Martha Baker 18
      Cherry Baker 17
      Gatcy Baker 15
      George Baker 13
      Mehaly Baker 11
      Benit Baker 9
      David Baker 6
      Edvin Baker 5
      Asa Baker 0
      1850 United States Federal Census
      about George Baker
      Name:George Baker
      Age:13
      Estimated birth year:abt 1837
      Birth Place:North Carolina
      Gender:Male
      Home in 1850 (City,County,State):Greene, North Carolina
      Family Number:376
      Household Members:Name
      Age
      Jessee Baker 40