Re:Re: [genpcncfir] New Year Wishes

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2009
      I'll make an offer if I don't get overwhelmed. I have access to some civil war records not on ancestry. If you are sure of the name and state, i'll do some lookups and send you the documents.

      ----------

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010
        Paula, you are a gem!
        Mine are:

        John Peter Kramer, Wisc.
        Thomas Mooty, NY

        Thanks a bunch.
        Doris....A Texan in Georgia,
        still shaking the family tree and
        dodging the nuts after 40+ years!

        ________________________________
        >> After serious & cautious consideration. .. your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2010!
        >>
        >> It was a very easy decision to make... So don't mess it up!!!
        >>

        >> My Wish for You in 2010
        >>
        >> May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.
        >> May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.
        >> May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
        >> May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy
        >> May the problems you had, forget your home address!
        >> In simple words ............
        >> May 2010 be the best year
        >> of your life!!!
        >>
        >> a Happy New Year!!
        >

        > Lawrence (Larry) Cobb
        > Greenville Texas

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4725 (20091229) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2010
          I found some pension records for Thomas Mooty.  He was a career soldier, perhaps.  Not sure.  Will send those.  Wisconsin not in the database I'm using.  What is your address and I'll send you what I found for Thomas Mooty.
           Paula Baker

          Thomas Mann

          ________________________________

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          ------------ --------- --------- ------

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir /files/

          http://photos. groups.yahoo. com/group/ genpcncfir/ lst

          RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet .org/usa/ nc/county/ pitt/Chronicles% 20Flyer%20Feb03. htm

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4725 (20091229) __________

          http://www.eset. com

        • mlsmith67
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
            Paula, according to a letter written in 1910 by my great-grandfather, his brother Thomas Carroll Lindsey served with a (Confederate) unit from Arkansas. Tom was from Mississippi, so I'm not sure why he would have chosen an out of state unit.

            I've not found any listing of an AR unit with him in it, so if you have such, I'd appreciate it!

            Margaret Lindsey Smith
          • Doris
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
              ginlu2@...
              or: 23 Quarry St, Gainesville GA 30501

              He was a career soldier---after the WBS, he was in the frontier service of the Army.

              You're so kind to do this for us.

              ------------ --------- --------- ------

              __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4736 (20100101) __________

              http://www.eset.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                Doris,
                I found one John P. Kramer in Indiana.  Would that be him, in the pension files?
                 Paula Baker

                Thomas Mann

                ________________________________

                ------------ --------- --------- ------

                Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcoun tyhistoricalsoci ety.com/

                Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources: http://www.usgennet .org/usa/ nc/county/ pitt/

                http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncpcfr/

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                  Will look for him.
                   Paula Baker

                  Thomas Mann

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                    I'm also looking for a Baker family in NC---a Mary Baker who married Britton Belk around 1760....around Mecklenberg Co.

                    Paula, according to a letter written in 1910 by my great-grandfather, his brother Thomas Carroll Lindsey served with a (Confederate) unit from Arkansas. Tom was from Mississippi, so I'm not sure why he would have chosen an out of state unit.

                    I've not found any listing of an AR unit with him in it, so if you have such, I'd appreciate it!

                    Margaret Lindsey Smith

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4737 (20100102) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                  • Doris

                      ------------ --------- --------- ------

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                        Was he born in Alabama?
                         Paula Baker

                        Thomas Mann

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                          Actually I think everything in this file is your thomas. They got the names a little mixed up sometimes.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2010
                            I really don't see anything that looks like yours. May have to wait on that one. DORIS