Gordon, House, Friend,Talbot, Byrd

  • Barb Lantto
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
      --- On Thu, 12/31/09, Nicole Sutti <nsutti@...> wrote:

      From: Nicole Sutti <nsutti@...>
      Subject: [genpcncfir] Happy New Year - Roll Call - Jackson Wyatt Ellis Cox Jerman Allston
      To: "pitt county pitt county" <genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 4:04 PM

      Someone did this on another message board -

      Let us know which families you are researching - Put in subject line

      Nicole

      ________________________________
      From: Roberta McHugh <roberta.mchugh@ gmail.com>
      To: <genpcncfir@yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 10:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Surnames

      Hey Paula,

      I am not familiar with the folks you mentioned.

      I get to James Oscar baker's parents, Andrew Jackson Baker and hit a wall.

      Wish I could help.

      Bitsy
      researching Baker and Tugwell in NC

      On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Paula Baker <paulabaker69@ yahoo.com>wrote:

      > Roberta,
      > Are you familiar with Evans Baker? He was born in Wilson and married a
      > woman named Catherine. He lived in Edgecombe in 1850. He was killed in the
      > CW. Had a son named Guilford. Don't know what happened to Catherine and
      > Guilford.
      > Paula Baker
      > Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Georgia, South Carolina,
      > and Louisiana and
      > Baker, Tyson, Manning, and Stocks in North Carolina
      >
      > "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
      > chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
      > before us and showed us the way."
      >
      > Thomas Mann
      >
      > ____________ _________ _________ __

      ------------ --------- --------- ------

      Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcoun tyhistoricalsoci ety.com/

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir /files/

      http://photos. groups.yahoo. com/group/ genpcncfir/ lst

      RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet .org/usa/ nc/county/ pitt/Chronicles% 20Flyer%20Feb03. htm

      Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources: http://www.usgennet .org/usa/ nc/county/ pitt/

      http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncpcfr/

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Messages in this topic (29)
      2a.
      Re: Tysons
      Posted by: "Roberta McHugh" roberta.mchugh@...   roberta.mchugh
      Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 am (PST)

      Hey Paula,

      I don't have any Tysons. Sorry.

      Bitsy

      On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Paula Baker <paulabaker69@ yahoo.com>wrote:

      > Bitsy,
      > Who were your Tysons?
      > Paula Baker
      > Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Georgia, South Carolina,
      > and Louisiana and
      > Baker, Tyson, Manning, and Stocks in North Carolina
      >
      > "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
      > chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
      > before us and showed us the way."
      >
      > Thomas Mann
      >
      > ____________ _________ _________ __

      Messages in this topic (10)
      3a.
      My Pitt Co Surnames
      Posted by: "Margaret Smith" mlsmith67@...   mlsmith67
      Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 am (PST)

      BRILEY, Thomas Abel
      TURNAGE, Emanuel and TRAVIS, Mourning
      TURNAGE, Amos and ASKEW, Elizabeth E
      TURNAGE, Thomas Travis
      ASKEW, David (father of Elizabeth E)

      Margaret Lindsey Smith

      Messages in this topic (2)
      3b.
      Re: My Pitt Co Surnames
      Posted by: "cheryl rhoden" rhodenccc@...   rhodenccc
      Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:23 am (PST)

      Hi Margaret,  You likely know that Briley was also spelled Braley and there is a section off the Tar River named for that family. I have a connection to that family with my Moores that I'll have to dig up. We also have a connection to the Tysons (also spelled Tison) that I need to dig up. I haven't focused on those lines yet. best, Cheryl Rhoden o7o

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2010
        Hi & Happy New Year!

        What Byrd line are you researching?

        Julian Byrd

        ----------

        ------------ --------- --------- ------

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2010
          Right now I am looking at all of the Byrds( Bird,Beard,Burd,  and etc). I have read the Byrd's of Virginia..One thing in the Byrd's of Virginia, there was a brother and sister who married, and  had a dozen children. But they were unnamed nor identified.

          My grandfather's parents were Odin Byrd Gordon and Rebecca Byrd - Talbot They werre killed together in a RR accident, when and where unknown,,,About 1900.The C M & S. T Paul RR.There are no records.Grandfather stated over and over, his people were from Virginia He was ROBERT LEE GORDON, born at Gordonsville VA ( at home) 1887.Other siblings were Rebbeca, Mary and Lillie. (orphans)

          Thank you

          BARB

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2010
            I am interested in the Byrd line. My Great Grandmother was Delitha Byrd (b. 10/18/1832 - d. 1/24/1905), daughter of Alfred Byrd (b. about 1802), and Elizabeth Moore. Elizabeth was the daughter of Woody and Priscilla Moore.

            Does your Byrd line include Alfred Byrd?

            Charles Baldree
          • Barb Lantto
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2010
              I don't know. It does includes an Alfred., My father was Alfred Lee Gordon. I have looked at Alfred Byrd in  that line with great curiosity. Because in the Gordon line, it is traditional to name sons, James and John.  My grandfather, ROBERT LEE GORDON  named his first child and first son, Alfred.Then following sons were named James, John and etc.

              BARB

              I am interested in the Byrd line.  My Great Grandmother was Delitha Byrd (b. 10/18/1832 - d. 1/24/1905), daughter of Alfred Byrd (b. about 1802), and Elizabeth Moore.  Elizabeth was the daughter of Woody and Priscilla Moore.

              Does your Byrd line include Alfred Byrd?

              Charles Baldree

              RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:                        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

              Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources:   http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/

              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir%c2%a0
              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jcbunc@att.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                Charles - No, I don't have an Alfred Byrd in my line.
                However, I had a first cousin once removed, Louise Malpass, who was married to a Baldree. Does this ring a bell with you?

                Julian

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
                  Hi - I have not seen these names in my line.

                  Julian

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 6, 2010
                    Julian

                    I have a Mattie Louise Malpass (b. 8/8/1920) married to Edwin Maurice Baldree. Also, a Dorothy Malpass (b. 12/11/1932) married to David Lee Baldree.

                    Charles

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 6, 2010
                      Charles - Thanks for this information. That is the correct info on Louise who died Sept. 20, 2002. Dorothy Malpass is possibly her first cousin. I know that Louise and Ed had children whom I met when very young, but I don't have contact with them. If you do, would appreciate learning theie names and addresses. You could email me at jcbunc@... .
                      Louise later married Alan Fick and they lived in Florida where I live. I grew up in Goldsboro.

                      How are you related to Ed Baldree?

                      Regards, Julian