Re: [genpcncfir] Cobb House in Falkland

  • Joe Webb
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
      Thank you Edith, but I don't know if this is the same house or not. I do know it was never torn down. Read the article that came from the Daily Southerner.

      http://tinyurl.com/ybmvtka

      Jo

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
        this is not the same house. Our ancestral home which was taken down thirty years ago, board by board. Much of the wood was used in the construction of a "new" home just north of Greenville.
        Edith

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          Joe, if I am not mistaken, a "Cobb House" is a type of house.
          The link below will take you to a site with an article and a photo of a
          "Cobb House". Hopefully, this will be helpful to you.
          DeDe Wilson

          www.villagejournal.org.au/article_shell.php?p...

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
            Joe, there were houses that were built that were called "Cobb Houses". Perhaps the house in Falkland is one of those building types, instead of the house in question being owned by a family named Cobb. The link below will take you to a site that has an article and photos of "Cobb Houses".
            DeDe Wilson

            www.villagejournal.org.au/article_shell.php?p...

          • Margaret Phillips
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
              In the book Historic Architecture of Pitt Coounty on page 450 there is a picture of the Cobb House in Falkland that was built around 1930 but there is no information about which Cobb family lived there.  Perhaps the 1850 census of the town of Falkland might give some information.

              Margaret Phillips

              researching Tyson, Willoughby, Joyner, Cobb, etc. in Pitt County

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
                Made a mistake~  The house was built in 1830!

                Margaret