MAYO

  • Martha-Gay Morton
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2009
      HI and Happy Thanksgiving

      Looking for information and location of "John Mayos Mill Creek". Does it still exist today with a different name? Time: mid to late 1700's. Original grant near the Edge/Pitt County line and Coneto Creek. Also information on this May[o] family.

      Thanks,

      Martha-Gay

    • Barb Lantto
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2009
        I wrote "John Mayo's Mill Creek-1700" in my browser.There must be more than one

        http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=John+Mayo%27s+Mill+Creek+-1700&fr=ush-mail&ygmabtsrchbtn=Web+Search&pvid=PjIoN0geui9Z85o9SwqwgAWSQTdD10sLKJ4ABiki

        BARb

        --- On Mon, 11/23/09, Martha-Gay Morton <marthagay.morton@...> wrote:

        HI and Happy Thanksgiving

        Looking for information and location of "John Mayos Mill Creek". Does it still exist today with a different name? Time: mid to late 1700's. Original grant near the Edge/Pitt County line and Coneto Creek. Also information on this May[o] family.

        Thanks,
        Martha-Gay

      • Trish Worthington Cobb
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2009
          Martha,

          Try North Carolina Maps

          http://www.lib.unc.edu/dc/ncmaps/?CISOROOT=/ncmaps

          This is a great collection of NC maps. There are lots of ways to
          search here. No guarantee you will find the name of the little creek
          for which you are searching, but it certainly is interesting to look
          at some of these maps.

          Trish

          On Nov 23, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Martha-Gay Morton wrote:

          > HI and Happy Thanksgiving
          >
          > Looking for information and location of "John Mayos Mill Creek".
          > Does it still exist today with a different name? Time: mid to late
          > 1700's. Original grant near the Edge/Pitt County line and Coneto
          > Creek. Also information on this May[o] family.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Martha-Gay

        • Judy N. Lewis
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
            I have an Appey Windham b. abt. 1798 married John Mayo b. abt. 1798.  She is the daughter of Isaiah Windham and Elizabeth Unknown.  These people would be in the Belvoir (Conetoe)  area of Pitt County.  Appey had a sister, Talitha, that married Jonas Lewis; my husband's great great grandparents .

            I show another John Mayo who is the son of William Mayo from Isle of Wight and Isabel Hardy.  William and Isabel married abt. 1681.  There children were William, James, John, Peter, Mary, Margaret and Patience.  This info came from the book "Hardy and Hardie Past and Present".

            Judy

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
              Barb, Trish and Judy,
              Thank you one and all for your response to my Mayo querry. I think the Windham connection is probably the one as some of the deeds connected to this Mayo land mention 'Windham's line'. The map collection is a great resource. It will be an imense help with all my research. I pulled up the Hardee/Hardy info from the 'net'. There is probably a connection to another Mayo family that held land in 'lower coneto' as did the Hardy family. Thanks again and a Happy turkey Day. This site and its members are one of my many blessings!
              Martha-Gay