Cemetery Survey of Pitt County, N.C.

  • liz_sparrow
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2009
      With the holiday season upon us, the Pitt County Historical Society wishes to announce that its 2007 publication, Cemetery Survey of Pitt County, North Carolina, Book One and Book Two, compiled by Bill Kittrell, is almost out of print, with fewer than 40 copies remaining. It would make a fine gift for someone interested in Pitt County family history.

      This 1700-page publication (two softbound books) includes surveys of approximately 820 cemetery sites throughout Pitt County as well as indexes of about 50,000 names. The two books are sold together as a set for the low price of $50 (tax included) plus $10 for USPS shipping, for a total of $60.

      The quickest way to receive your copy is to mail your check, made payable to PCHS (or Pitt County Historical Society), to Elizabeth Sparrow, 307 Queen Anne's Road, Greenville, NC 27858.

      For additional information about our other books, please visit our web site (www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com) and click on Publications.

      Liz Sparrow
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
        Dear Liz,
             I would really like to get the Cemetery Survey of Pitt County. Please let me know if copies are still available, and if so, I will order a copy next week.
            By the way, I want to renew my membership in the PCFR for next year. Can I please do this today before the deadline ends. I will get my check in the mail this evening.
            Also, I would still like to have the PCFR Quarterlies from 2008 and 2009. My work schedule was changed in 2008, and I have not had computer access except for minutes here and there at J. Sargeant Reynolds and at the Henrico Public Library where I am now.
            My first priority, though, is to renew my membership. My second is to send a check for the Quarteries from the last two years in order to bring myself up to date.
            I will get my next chance on a computer next week--I do not reach Richmond until after the library closes until Wednesday when I have an in-service at J. Sargeant Reynolds.
            Thanks for helping me out in any way you can.
            Tonight, I will be at my brother's at 7 p.m. for dinner. My nephew and his wife are there from Georgia. If my nephew has a computer with him, I can check your message earlier than next week.
            By the way, we have a new baby girl in the family. She's Sophia Jolie Hamlett, first born of my nephew David Curtis Hamlett, Jr. and wife Vera of Hollywood, California, where my nephew works for Disney. We say he works for the Mouse.
            Sophia was born October 26, 2009 by C-Section and is now 11 pounds. She weighed 8 lbs 4 ozs at birth and was 19 inches long--the same as my daughter Fern Carol Hafer Fleming.
            Hope that you and your family are well and are enjoying this holiday season.
            Sincerely, Carol