Re: [genpcncfir] WorldVitalRecords.com Offers Free Access for a Limited Time

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2009
      That was in August.

      Paula Baker

      Thomas Mann

      --- On Sat, 10/17/09, Jewelle Baker <jewellebaker@...> wrote:

      From: Jewelle Baker <jewellebaker@...>
      Subject: [genpcncfir] WorldVitalRecords.com Offers Free Access for a Limited Time
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: cyndi@...
      Date: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 8:29 PM

      Hello Group.....
              The below from Cyndi Howell is for your information.  Her website,
      Cyndi's List, is a genealogy goldmine!!!

      Those of you who haven't sent in a query to our Wonderful and Generous Group
      lately,  gather your 'Brick-Walls'
      headaches and post.... post.... post   :)

                  Jewelle

      jewellebaker@...
      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES;
      CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE ++++

      From: "Cyndi Howells" <cyndi@...>

      WorldVitalRecords.com Opens Site Allowing for Free Public Access to More
      Than One Billion Family History Records

      With the addition of the largest number of records to be released in a
      single day since the site launched in 2006

      PROVO, UT, August 11, 2009 – WorldVitalRecords.com, an online family
      history resource, today announced the addition of the largest number of
      records to be released in a single day since the site launched in 2006.
      To commemorate this milestone, for the first time WorldVitalRecords is
      offering free public access to its entire online collection of
      historical and genealogical records beginning August 11 and continuing
      through August 13, 2009. The public will have unlimited access to more
      than one billion records in over 11,000 databases from around the world
      including newspapers, census, birth, marriage, death, immigration and
      military records; family trees; stories and publications; and yearbooks.

      “As a genealogy enthusiast, I’m thrilled that people can go to one place
      like WorldVitalRecords.com, try family history research for free and
      find their parents or grandparents, and see how simple it is to start
      tracing back and discovering stories that bring family history to life,"
      said Jim Ericson, Vice-President of Marketing for Family Link. “This is
      a rare opportunity to delve into the records and discover information
      about your family and ancestors you may have never known.”

      Featured records in this release include:

      Historical Newspapers
      Through a partnership with Newspaper Archive, WorldVitalRecords is
      adding access to pages from a variety of newspapers from all over the
      United States, dating from 1759 through 1923. This collection features
      images of entire newspapers from the western frontier, the Midwest at
      the turn of the century, and the long-time standard of our nation's
      news, "The New York Times" which includes over 7 million names.
      Newspaper Archive produces the largest historical newspaper database
      online, and the collection is fully searchable by keyword and date, and
      individual pages can be saved or printed.
      According to Gena Philibert Ortega, Genealogy Community Director for
      FamilyLink, "Part of the fun of family history is uncovering details
      about our ancestors’ daily lives -- the events of the day, the goods and
      the services they bought. Newspapers allow us to better understand our
      ancestors."

      Immigration Records
      Living in a country of immigrants, ship passenger lists and other
      records documenting immigration can be an essential part in learning
      more about your family history. It is a thrilling experience to see
      their names transcribed on paper the day they entered this country
      through the Port of New York. Browsing and searching these passenger
      lists is a perfect way for someone to start researching their family
      history. This record collection provides documentation of over 150,000
      passengers who arrived on nearly 8,000 ships at one of the busiest ports
      in the United States, New York, from 1820-1832.

      Yearbooks
      In partnership with the website E-Yearbook.com, WorldVitalRecords is
      doubling its collection of digitized yearbooks. This collection features
      university yearbooks from the late 1800 to mid 1950’s. E-Yearbook.com
      houses the largest collection of old college yearbooks on the Internet.
      Universities featured this week include Duke University, University of
      Oklahoma, Iowa State and the College of William and Mary.

      Vital Records, Military Records and Tax Lists
      Other records being released on the site include birth, marriage, tax
      lists, military records, and death records from Maine, North Carolina,
      Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Virginia,
      Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

      Focused on helping users discover and share their family history,
      WorldVitalRecords adds new records to their online collection everyday.

      About WorldVitalRecords.com
      WorldVitalRecords.com is simplifying family history research by
      providing many easy-to-use tools and resources to discover and connect
      with others interested in family history. WorldVitalRecords provides
      access to more than one billion international and U.S. records
      WorldVitalRecords.com provides affordable access to genealogy databases
      and family history tools used by more than 258,000 monthly visitors. The
      site registers 3.6 million monthly pages views and serves tens of
      thousands of paying subscribers. With thousands of databases—including
      birth, death, military, census, and parish records—WorldVitalRecords.com
      makes it easy to fill in missing information in your family tree.
      WorldVitalRecords is part of the FamilyLink.com, Inc. network of
      family-focused interactive properties including, GenealogyWise, WebTree,
      WorldHistory, and the We’re Related and My Family applications on Facebook.

      Contact:
      Mary Kay Crocker
      (801) 592-5575
      marykay@...