Whitmel Hopkins/Martha Collins

  • Martha-Gay Morton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2009
      Any info on parents, siblings or descendants of:
      Whitmel HOPKINS, Farmer, Nash County, married Martha COLLINS
      in Nash County 18th June 1856, enlisted in CSA 24th February 1762.
      Thanks, Martha-Gay Morton

    • Jim M.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2009
        My Pugh/Whitmel data may be wrong. I descend Wilmington War of 1812 militia artillery 4th Sgt. Joshua James, Sr., who wed Hetty-Bella Sage. They died Holmes Co., Miss. His father was Society of the Cincinnati Capt. John James, killed age 16 by Tories whilst "crossing the Lumber River" (Battle of Drowning Creek?). His widow was Mrs. Martha Pugh James who widowed, wed Ephraim Sholar. I descend only by her first husband; I have relatives who descend both her husbands; from Sholar via Tillinghaust, etc. I think her brother was Ens, Whitmel Pugh? I think their parents were James Pugh, Sr., and Marry Whitmel, of 1750's now eastern Cumberland County, N.C. Jame's land grant there adjoined Francis Pugh (Jr's?). Jim Miller, Southport, N.C.

        To: Edgecombe_Wilson_Nash_Halifax@yahoogroups.com
        CC: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com