Re: [genpcncfir] Cemetery Survey Book

  • JGrimes227@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9, 2009
      Bill - my apology - I typed DC when it should have been NC (Washington
      NC in Beaufort County)

      In a message dated 9/9/2009 2:48:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      JGrimes227@... writes:

      Dear Bill: The real old church and cemetery in Washington, DC. I tried
      to weasel a copy of what a graduate student did to document that cemetery
      but they just wouldn't let me have the information as they intended to
      publish and sell it. Before I bang around to find out, thought I would
      check
      with "Mr. Cemetery" himself and see what he (you) know.

      In a message dated 9/8/2009 12:40:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      _wbk99@..._ (mailto:wbk99@...) writes:

      Thank you for the information. I will make a note of this. We
      are keeping a list of changes, additions and corrections. You
      will note we did not find these but took the info from Lill Jackson's
      listing. We tried our best to compare Jackson's, St. Amand's
      and the WPA records with what we found. I have placed this info
      in my family database.

      We have had about 12 new sites given to us since the books
      were published. Will check these this fall. Also found some
      names of burials in the deed books.

      If anyone has names of pesons buried in unmarked sites or
      knows of cemeteries we did not survey please let me know.
      We will check these and send you the listing of what we find.

      We will either post this additional information on PCFR websit
      or publish it in the quarterly.

      We appreciate information from any of you. I know all was
      not perfect but Mary and I did our best along with those who
      assisted us in preparing the books.

      I hope they were of help to family researchers. We only have
      about 50 books left from the printing of 500. They were
      placed on sale in October of 2007.

      The Pitt County Historical Soceity appreciates your purchase
      of the books. In case some of you may not know and question
      why I am pushing the sale of the books. Mary and I did not
      receive any money from the sale of the books for the work we did.
      Neither did any of the others. Also the price of the books did
      not provide much more than cost of publishing to the Society.
      So I feel the price was a bargin.

      Bill