Re: [genpcncfir] Cemetery Survey Book

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9 12:22 PM
      Was this student doing this as a project. I am aware that some
      students do research on local historic sites. They either give
      a copy to their department. Some here at ECU might provide
      a copy to the library or manuscripte department.

      I am presently looking a copy on a report but the young lady did
      not place one on file here. It was on Red Banks plantation.

      I take it the church has a copy but will not give you a copy. If they
      have not published it they are afraid someone will take the copy
      and do it themself.

      It would appear someone else, other than the church, has a copy.
      Can you get the student's name. I just can't believe he did it and
      only provided a copy to the church. I have surveyed church sites
      and gave them a copy. None protested the publishing of the survey.

      The church must have a copy in its library. This is a wild shot in
      the dark. If someone knew a member, could that member get a
      copy of it. At Black Jack FWB Church a copy of our cemetery
      survey is there for the asking. The church Historican has these
      records.

      Does someone have a relative buried there. Would that help get
      access to the list.

      What is the name of the church? Denomination? As a last resort
      go to higher authority and plead this is needed for genealogy research
      to verify location of burials.

      I know I have just rambled but at this point any route is worth following.

      This is different, but I like to gather history of churches. I was in a local
      church and saw their church history. I asked the secretary about
      getting a copy. No problem, she went and made me a copy.
      Bill

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 9 12:25 PM
        If you will send me the name of the cemetery, I will see what I can find online.  I have very sneaky internet ways:).
         Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 9 12:41 PM
          Hi Bill and Paula ,,, We are still looking for the gravesite of the John Moore that died in Pitt Co in 1815. So far, we have only found one that is buried in a schoolyard in Durham not Pitt. Any hints as to how to figure out who owned that property in 1815 in Durham are appreciated.

          Paula ,, My Tyson was Betsy Tyson Briley or Braley the mother of Unity/Eunice/Unicy Braley. Unicy married  married Caleb Moore.

          Bill, I recall you telling me that you were trying to find a Moore graveyard that sounded approximate to where our Moores were along the Tar River near Grindles Creek. I can send you all we have on that if you're going back out on the hunt. And, thank you for all your work.

          best to all, Cheryl Rhoden

          Researching:  Rhoden/Moore/Raulerson/Johns/Crews/Sweat/Tyson/Music/Dowling/Weeks/O'Steen and more in NC, SC, GA, FL.

          ________________________________

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 9 12:53 PM
            This is a link for NC structures, including churches and cemeteries.  When you click one of the links, I takes you to a map.

            http://structural.worldcitydb.com/north_carolina_in_united_states_state.aspx
             Paula Baker

            Thomas Mann

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 9 1:51 PM
              http://www.therestorationmovement.com/clark,genw.htm
               Paula Baker

              Thomas Mann

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 9 1:53 PM
                http://www.mindspring.com/~jtfleming/nf-4.htm
                 Paula Baker

                Thomas Mann

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 9 2:02 PM
                   http://www.clantonadvertiser.com/news/2009/aug/24/cemetery-dedication-honor-late-patriot/
                  Paula Baker

                  Thomas Mann

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 9 2:15 PM
                    http://www.wisecountytexas.info/genweb/moore.htm
                     Paula Baker

                    Thomas Mann

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 9 2:18 PM
                      I think that was not your John Moore I just posted, but the info is exhaustive at that site.
                       Paula Baker

                      Thomas Mann

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 9 2:47 PM
                        http://www.eastcarolinaroots.com/research/humphrey/Wetherington%20Family%20of%20Tuscarora.pdf
                         Paula Baker

                        Thomas Mann

                      • cheryl rhoden
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 9 4:16 PM
                          I think it isn't our John Moore as well. But, its interesting nonetheless, so thank you. cheryl

                        • JGrimes227@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 9 5:03 PM
                            Bill - my apology - I typed DC when it should have been NC (Washington
                            NC in Beaufort County)