RE: [genpcncfir] Whitehurst

  • Alfred Stokes
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009
      Martha,

      My grandfather (mother's father) was a Whitehurst of Pitt County. In tracing his ancestry, I have come across at least one Arthur Whitehurst who I believe was a brother of my great, great grandfather Batson Whitehurst of Pitt County. Can you give me more information to go on such as approximate dates of birth/death and/or his children's names and their dates?

      Fred Stokes

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009
        The following is the only Whitehurst information I have.  I do not research this name.  This information came from a family Bible.

        Robert Dorsey Whitehurst married Anna Malina Gregory

        Robert had brothers Samuel and Benjamin

        Anna had a brother Kirk

        Robert and Anna had children Mayhue H., Raymond, Wilmer C., Nadine and Helen

        There were no dates listed.   Mayhue Whitehurst married Murriel Christine Bryant.  She was born in 1914.  She was from the Conetoe area.   This is who owned the Bible.

        Judy

        Anyone researching WHITEHURST family of Pitt and Edgecombe Counties. I am working with a WILLIAMS researcher from OHIO who is interested in a joint effort. She is particularly interested in ARTHUR  and his children. I have some information which I am glad to share.
        Thanks. Martha-Gay  Morton

      • Linda Dail
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
          I found a photo of an ETHEL WHITEHURST in my grandmother's papers.  She is in the photo with one of my relatives, Vera Williams, Craven County, NC.  If anyone knows who this Ethel Whitehurst is, her husband's name, etc.  I am interested.  I will also send a copy of the photo to any of her relatives.  I believe the time frame to be around 1910.

          Linda Dail - Researching: ALLEN, ALEXANDER, BERRY, DAIL,DEAL, EXUM, FORREST, HASELDEN,HUNNINGS, McCOTTER, SANDERS, SPEIGHT,TURNAGE, WILLIAMS

          Anyone researching WHITEHURST family of Pitt and Edgecombe Counties. I am working with a WILLIAMS researcher from OHIO who is interested in a joint effort. She is particularly interested in ARTHUR  and his children. I have some information which I am glad to share.
          Thanks. Martha-Gay  Morton

        • Diane Whitehurst Collins
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 15, 2009
            I have researched the Whitehurst family and published a book.  Have your friend contact me and I will share with her all that I have on her line.

          • claude.white@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 16, 2009
              Does any of your research on the Whitehurst families from Pitt and Edgecombe include any of the African-American Whitehursts which I am researching?