Mosley to Edwards deed

  • Martha-Gay Morton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Although I am not an EDWARDS researcher I do run across Edwards information from time to time and will post in the hopes it may be of some interest to those who are researching the Edwards Family.

      Pitt County Deed Book D pages 108-109; 20th January 1768; William MOSLEY of Edgecombe Co to CHRISTOPHER EDWARDS of Edgecombe Co; 125 acres lying and being in Pitt Co.; for 45 pounds proclamation money; Beg'n at a white oak and running along JOHN LEE line..then along a contract line between JAMES EDWARDS and THOMAS SUMERELE, SENIOR. [This must be SUMMERLIN] ...then along a contract line between JAMES EDWARDS and WILLIAM BRANTLEY to THOMAS LITTLE line....then with LITTLE line to the creek [unnamed but I think must be CONETO].....Witnesses: AMOS ATKINSON, JAMES BARROW, JAMES COBB. [James Cobb signed with his mark a capital I with a line across the middle. Wm Mosley signed with his mark a W]. Registered in the January Court 1770.

      MGM