Burr Oak Cemetery

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 9:08 AM
      Dear group,
      Burr Oak Cemetery's issue has hit national news. Summary of the facts, as I know them, is that a major cemetery has been desecrated by its workers for greed. Burial paper work was "lost" to hide their crime. Their misbehavior was going on for years!

      The Sheriff's Department started their investigation based on a report by an employee. There were lots of signs of this wrong doing: Tombstones missing; Tombstone moved and laying on the ground, some by the road outside of Cemetery; and human bones lying above ground ... to name a few.

      We, who frequent many Cemeteries, should be vigilant in reporting any strange things that we might notice in one.

      See articles:
      http://www.makli.com/burr-oak-cemetery/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0 Photos
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/09/burr-oak-cemetery-alsip-i_n_228947.html
      http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1661549,w-burr-ridge-cemetary-thefts-071009.article