Re: [genpcncfir] The Lewis McGlohon (McLawhorn) Family and Ancestry book

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 20, 2009
      Dear Cheryl,
           Yes, the cemetery was in Pitt County. My great grandmother Jacky Ann McGowan was the sister of Jenny McGowan who married Robert Carney, Jr. His mother was Elizabeth Hatton.
           Jacky Ann's father, Lemuel McGowan, Sr., married Perline Moore, daughter of Martin Moore and Cynthia Hatton. Elizabeth and Cynthia were sisters; their mother was also named Cynthia.
           The 1850 census online gives the families of both Robert Hatton and Martin Moore.
           I do not know if Martha Ann Moore, wife of William Williams McGowan, and sister of Churchille Moore, was also related to Perlina Moore.
           William Williams McGowan was my great uncle and great grandfather. My great grandfather Lemuel McGowan, Sr. was his brother.
           Lemuel McGowan, Jr. married Lydia McGowan, daughter of William Williams McGowan and Martha Ann Moore.
           The McGowans were from the Pactolus area of Pitt.

           Later, Carol

      From: cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@yahoo. com>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, June 15, 2009, 12:53 PM

      Carol,, Thanks so much. I'll pass your e on to my cousins working on this part of our 'brickwall.' best, cheryl o7o

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      From: cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@yahoo. com>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

      Dear Carol,

      We are researching the Moore's in Pitt Co (previously Beaufort and likely part of Va before the border change). If its alright with you I'd like to send your below email to my cousins working on this part of our project. We're also happy to share info. What year was your George Moore born?

      Best, Cheryl Rhoden
      Researching: Moore/Rhoden/ Raulerson/ Johns/Music/ Dowling/Davis/ Altman and more

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      From: Richie McLawhorn <rmclawhorn1@ yahoo.com>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:49 PM

      I actually lived in Charleston, but we didn't know there were any other McLawhorns there.  My father was born in Pitt county but moved down as a child when his dad got a job in Lake City.  His father's name was Richard McLawhorn as well.

      Does the  book say how the McLawhorn's came to the U.S.? I really don't know much at all about the McLawhorn name, etc.  My uncle seemed to remember something about their being a fight between two brothers and one kept McGlohon and one took McLawhorn.

      From: rmclawhorn1 <rmclawhorn1@ yahoo.com>

      Subject: [genpcncfir] Does Anyone Know Where to Buy "The Lewis McGlohon(McLawhorn) Family and Ancestry

      To: genpcncfir@yahoogro ups.com

      Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 12:26 PM

      The only copy of this book I can find online is in the East Carolina Library. I live in Columbia, SC but don't want to drive 4 hours and waste an entire weekend just to read the book in the library.

      Let me know if you have any information on where to acquire this book.