Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Joseph Page

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2009
      I have a J. W. Page b. May 14, 1848 d. March 27, 1924
      Rillie J. Page, w/o J. W. Page no dates
      They are buried on Oakley Road in Pitt County, not too
      far from Martin line.

      Paula,

      My Page line is from Martin County, N.C. Not to sure where Wilson i in connection to Martin Co.

      Marilyn

      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2009
        That could be a child of Cherry Baker and Joseph Page.  Cherry was widowed pretty early.  She was the daughter of Elder Jesse Baker of the Primitive Baptist Church and Mary "Polly"  Cherry.  Jesse Baker remarried in Wilson Co after Polly's death.  In the past I have communicated with some of the Pages.  We just can't make any headway going farther than Jesse's generation.  Jesse is in the 1850 Greene Co census, but moved to Wilson later with his family.  He was an elder at White Oak and other places.
         Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        ________________________________
        I have a J. W. Page b. May 14, 1848 d. March 27, 1924
        Rillie J. Page, w/o J. W. Page no dates
        They are buried on Oakley Road in Pitt County, not too
        far from Martin line.

        Paula,

        My Page line is from Martin County, N.C. Not to sure where Wilson i in connection to Martin Co.

        Marilyn

        > Glad you're back. A Joseph Page, I think that's right, in Wilson Co NC married Cherry Baker. And my Bakers are somehow related to the Blake Baker and Marmaduke Baker who are in Gates Co NC from at least 1830 on and before that were probably in Wayne Co NC.
        > Paula Baker
        > Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Georgia, South Carolina, and Louisiana and
        > Baker, Tyson, Manning, and Stocks in North Carolina
        >

        > "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way."
        >

        > Thomas Mann

      • Jim M.
        Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2009
          mY pAGES SEEM TO BE MID-100'A rOCKINGHAM cO., n.c. tHE pITT cO tYSON FAMILY i THINK CONNECTED THERE WITH ONE OF THESE, mURPGEY, wOOTEN, fORBES, rOACH. jIM

          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com