Re: Caleb Moore

  • rhodenccc
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22 8:46 AM
      Mychael,

      I was just looking back thru some of my notes. The Cason Moore that married Rebecca Nobles was the son of Moses Moore Jr (Moses, Jacob, William). I found this information by googling Chloe Moore (Dunkin?).
      Hope that helps.
      Cheryl Rhoden
      Researching: Moore/Rhoden/Raulerson/Johns/Altman/Davis/Music/Dowling among others.---

      Message 2 of 11 , May 23 2:30 PM
        Dear Cheryl,
             If you need help from this neck of the woods, you might contact the State Library of Virginia, which by the way is closed on Mondays.
             This library in downtown Richmond has online accessibility, a web site, etc. It is one of the most active organizations in genealogical research. Besides, it has N.C. census records up to but not including 1930--budget cuts caused the library not to purchase it and to start closing on Mondays.
             The librarians there are wonderful about looking up information for you and perhaps saving you a trip. I would imagine that the Sheppard Library in Greenville would do the same.
             Here in Richmond also the Genealogical Reseach Institute of Virginia (GRIVA) schedules several trips with supper included to the archives in Raleigh. The State Library can give you the contact information. It might sound crazy to come to Richmond to go to Raleigh, but it might prove well worth your while because of the contacts you could make and the wealth of information available here.
            Later, Carol

        Message 3 of 11 , May 23 4:37 PM
          Thanks Carol, Great advice. I have been mapping the change in the NC/VA stateline and the changes in the NC precincts and counties so we can try to pinpoint a bit more where the heck they were and when. Ya know ,, you have to be tricky to rule out all those John Moores until you find yours. Ours is  pre-1760 ,, likely in what was then Bath/Beaufort ,, before it became Pitt. And, before that could well have been in Albermarle and that was also part of Va pre 1728 or thenabout. Thanks again for the tips. best, cheryl o7o

          Researching:  Moore/Rhoden/Raulerson/Johns/Altman/Davis/Music/Dowling and others.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 25 6:02 PM
            Hello all and thanks for good reminders, Cheryl.  It is so hard to avoid the temptation to jump to conclusions with not enough data. I have to ask if your Moore database includes two names that were in Tar Landing area of modern Martin (Tyrell) County, but very close to Beaufort County (some deeds for the family were filed in Beaufort County). The names are Nancy Lucinda Moore born about 1860 who married Buck Gardner (a.k.a. B.L. or Wiley Lawrence Gardner) and also Charlie Moore, borm maybe 1800 or before (maybe connects to my Stubbs line).
            Thanks in advance for your "Yes or No"
            David Gardner

            Message 5 of 11 , May 26 10:21 AM
              David, I'm going to have to answer with a 'maybe' lol. I do have a working descendancy and can email that to you if you send me your private e. It has some omissions and one major error and I can annotate some of that for you. Our Moore direct line left NC circa 1790 and went to GA. I have been able to find a great deal of info by going to google, entering the name and state and 1700s or 1800s. It is amazing what you can find and its free, free, free.

              And, can someone tell me how to send a message so that my full email address is not in it? I don't mind receiving private e's from the group but I'd rather not have the spammers out there obtaining my e addy. Thanks,
              Cheryl Rhoden