RE: [genpcncfir] Look up please Joseph Franks

  • Jim M.
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2009
      Shade Barns: About 30 years ago, I worked with a Shade Barns at NARF/NAD, USMC, Cherry Point, N.C. Thinking he might descend from my great, great grandfather, Shadrack "Shade" Wooten of near Grifton, Pitt Co., N.C., I asked who was the first "Shadrack" in his family? I was amazed; he did not know that "Shade" (and "Shad") was a nickname for Shadrack. Jim Miller, Southport, N.C.

      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      From: shadebarnes@...
      Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:31:56 -0400
      Subject: [genpcncfir] Look up please Joseph Franks

      I need a look up on some of my ancestors.

      Joseph Franks married Mary Margaret Paul on Dec 31, 1853 in Craven Co, NC. I need to know who her parents were.

      Their children were Joseph P. Franks, Lucy C. Franks, Noah A. Franks, Daniel E. Franks.

      After Joseph Franks and Mary Margaret were married they showed up in Bladen Co, NC in 1880 census. I need info on what happened to the children, did they marry if so who and did they stay around Bladen Co, NC.

      Thank you all

    • Shade Barnes
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2009
        Mr. Miller,

        My husband Shade Barnes, I dugged around with my husband's family tree a little.   Shadrack Ball was his grandfather.  I do not remember any Wootens in the family line.   Small world.

        To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2009
          Thanks! Don't know where Shade Barns of Cherry Point was from, though he sounded native North Carolina. I think my Shadrack Wooten's grandfather may have been 1750's Pitt Co. Shadrack Johnson of Johnson's Mills, Pitt Co., near the Craven line and Contentnea (spelling?) Creek, near "Blount Hall". Jim, Southport, N.C.

          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
          From: shadebarnes@...
          Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:23:56 -0400

          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2009
            Shade was born and raised in Pamlico Co, NC. A community called Cash Corner, after Shade and I married, I am his 2 wife we came back and lived in his home place.

            To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
            From: shadebarnes@...
            Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:23:56 -0400

            To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com