Daniel (b ca 1830) & Grizzie/Grizza (b ca 1825) MOYE – GREENE County, NC

  • dldgreen_1
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 4:39 AM
      Looking to communicate with persons researching MOYEs, particularly the African American family below. Want to determine the respective parentage of Daniel & Grizzie and other relations. Current focus is determining their enslavers in hopes of learning more of Daniel & Grizzie's family connections during & after slavery, but have much to share on Daniel's & Grizzie's descendants. Email me if you connect or you have an interest.

      Daniel MOYE (born ca 1830) & wife Grizzie (born ca 1825) – found in 1870 census in Olds Township, Greene County, NC. They are last found living in the 1900 census in the household of their son Augustus MOYE (Greene County, NC)

      Children:
      • John MOYE – b ca 1850
      • Thomas MOOYE – b ca 1851
      • Augustus MOYE, born ca 1853; married (1) Nancy KING & (2) ?
      • Albert MOYE, born ca 1857; married Isabel (born ca 1860)
      • Peyton MOYE (ca 1858-1 May 1923); married (1) Francis & (2) Charity
      • Alice "Allie" MOYE ( ca 1858 – 5 Mar 1934); married (1) John/Jack HARDY & (2) Green JENKINS
      • Mack MOYE (b ca 1863) married Betty MCLAWHORN
      • George W. MOYE (b ca 1868 – 29 Nov 1944); married Jenny EDWARDS

      Daniel & Grizzie MOYE are hubby's 2nd-great grandparents. Their daughter Alice is his great-grandmother.

      Thank you,
      Damita Drayton Green
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 5:27 AM
        Her maiden name was Morris, according to Peyton's death certificate. Will send you the certificate privately.

        Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , May 6 5:31 AM
          Paula Baker

          Thomas Mann

          Message 4 of 4 , May 6 3:24 PM
            Not sure, but I think the (white) 1800's Tyson family in Pitt Co., N.C., were kin to my Wooten, Roach, Murphy, etc., families there?

            To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
            From: paulabaker69@...
            Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 05:31:52 -0700
            Subject: [genpcncfir] A younger Daniel Moye death certificate