Re: SPARROW Query

  • rootspuzzle
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
      Amy,
      These may fit.
      17261 pitt
      Would you have info on Elizabeth Murphey's family. For years I have
      searched for info on Jack & Winifred Murphey. They had three children that I am
      aware of.
      1860 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Greene > Fields
      795-795 Wineford Murphy 45 James Murphy 18 Jackson Murphy 15
      796-796 Thomas Murphy 30 Emma E Murphy 25 John Murphy 1

      1. Nancy Mary Murphey b. 1834 d. ? married Jacob Wainwright abt 1853
      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Pitt > 1917 > June
      Name: Joseph J Waineright Gender: Male Race: White
      Age: 55 Birth Date: 10 Mar 1862 Birth Place: Greene
      Death Date: 29 Jun 1917 Death Location: Farmville; Farmville, Pitt
      Father's Name: Jacob Wainwright Mother's Name: Nancy Murphey
      Buried: Henry Moore place Chronic Brights Disease
      Married

      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Greene > 1928 > September
      Name: Fannie Letchworth
      [Fannie Wainright] Gender: Female Race: White
      Age: 74 Birth Date: 3 Mar 1854 Birth Place: Green
      Death Date: 22 Sep 1928 Death Location: Olds, Greene
      Spouse's Name: Elias Lethworth
      Father's Name: Jacob Wainright Mother's Name: Nancy Wainright
      Married

      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Greene > 1938 > January
      Name: Marcellus Wainwright Gender: Male Race: White
      Age: 80 Birth Date: 12 Aug Birth Place: Greene, North Carolina, United States
      Death Date: 8 Jan 1938 Death Location: Olds Township, Greene
      Spouse's Name: Susan Wainwright
      Father's Name: Jacob Wainwright Mother's Name: Nancy Wainwright

      2. James Murphey b. 1849 d. ? married Catherine Wainwright
      She is Jacob and Nancy Wainwright's granddaughter.

      3. Jackann Murphey b. abt 1845-I think she may have married a Baker?
      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Pitt > 1912 > November
      Name: Jack Ann Murphy Gender: Female Race: White
      Age: 72 Birth Date: 1840 Birth Place: Green
      Death Date: 6 Nov 1912 Death Location: Greenville, Pitt
      Father's Name: Jack Murphy of Old Country mother of Greene Co.
      Single

      These three children were born in Greene County, NC. Nancy and James
      married and moved to Pitt County, NC after their marriages. If you could throw
      little light on any of these people, I would be very greatful.
      Thank you, Amy W. Hunt

      Sue

    • amaryllish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 12, 2009
        Hello Sue, Thank you so much for all the wonderful info. You have given me
        proof of fathers idenity for the children. Do you think that Thomas may have
        been a brother to Jack Murphy? They were pretty close in age and lived close
        together. Thank you again. You were a BIG help to me. If I may return the
        favor don't hesitate to email me.
        _amaryllish@..._ (mailto:amaryllish@...)

        Amy W. Hunt
        recession.

      • rootspuzzle
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 14, 2009
          Amy,
          Have added some more pieces. Some may not fit.
          Sue
          -----------------
          These may fit.
          17261 pitt
          Would you have info on Elizabeth Murphey's family. For years I have
          searched for info on Jack & Winifred Murphey. They had three children that I am
          aware of.
          1860 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Greene > Fields
          795-795 Wineford Murphy 45 James Murphy 18 Jackson Murphy 15 male
          796-796 Thomas Murphy 30 Emma E Murphy 25 John Murphy 1

          1870 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Greene > Olds
          560-560 Lewis Johnson 41 Sarah E Johnson 29 James Johnson 7 Andrew Johnson 4 (Faney) Fairey Johnson 3 (Polley) Polbey Johnson 1/12 (Jack__ ) Jackson Murphy 23 domestic servant female

          1870 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt > California
          546-549 Tom Murphy 40 grocer ret Emily Murphy 38 John Murphy 10 William Murphy 9 Ida Murphy 7 Leon Murphy 5

          1880 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt > Marloboro > District 0
          14-14 Thomas Murphey 49 carriage making Emeliza Murphey 45 John A. Murphey 20 William A. Murphey 17 Laura Murphey 11 Minnie Murphey 7 Thos. Eliza Murphey 4 Emma D. Murphey 1

          1. Nancy Mary Murphey b. 1834 d. ? married Jacob Wainwright abt 1853

          1880 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Greene > Olds > District 64
          Jacob Wainwright 45 Nancy Wainwright 46 Marcellus Wainwright 19 Joseph Wainwright 18 Dorcas Wainwright 15

[...]

          (NOTE: never married)
          North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Pitt > 1912 > November
          Name: Jack Ann Murphy Gender: Female Race: White
          Age: 72 Birth Date: 1840 Birth Place: Green
          Death Date: 6 Nov 1912 Death Location: Greenville, Pitt
          Father's Name: Jack Murphy of Old Country mother of Greene Co.
          Single

          1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt > Greenville > District 94
          Green Street 215-224 James H Murphy 44 md:21 Jan 1856 Annie Murphy 42 md:21 ch:3-liv:0 July 1857 Sarah Cobb 79 wife mother Oct 1820 wd. Ch:4-liv:2 Jackey Ann Murphy 39 Sister feb 1861 single Asa Rouse 8 orphan lodger aug 1891 Minda Jane Rouse 8 orphan lodger july 1892 James Forbes 36 lodger may 1864 single Windham 41 lodger jan 1859 single
          Name: Jackey Ann Murphy Home in 1900: Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina Age: 39 Birth Date: Feb 1861 Birthplace: North Carolina Race: White Ethnicity: American Gender: Female Relationship to head-of-house: Sister Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North Carolina Marital Status: Single Residence : Greenville Town, Pitt, North Carolina

          1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt > Greenville Ward 4 > District 100
          611-211-216 John W Murphy 44 Mary L Murphy 50 John D Murphy 18 Jennette Dutter (last name ?) 82 wd. Ch:2-Liv:2 (may be Mother-in-law) Jacky A Murphy 64 (This is very faint and hard to read but may be Aunt) Single
          Transcribed as----Name: Jacky A Murphy Age in 1910: 64 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1846 Birthplace: North Carolina Relation to Head of House: Mother Father's Birth Place: North Carolina Mother's Birth Place: North Carolina Home in 1910: Greenville Ward 4, Pitt, North Carolina Marital Status: Single Race: White Gender: Female