Re: [genpcncfir] Vtial records

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
      Dear Bill & Gayle,
            The earliest ones are 1913 since that is when records began. However, among those Death Certificates is information about earlier generations because the parents of the deceased are listed.
             Another source is marriage records of the children if you know the children's names. The parents of each usually are listed though there are exceptions.
             Allen Churchill's Pitt County Marriages that I bought from him cleared up who were the parents of my Braxton grandfather and grandmother, for example.
             Read through the online Cemetery records from the Pitt County Family Researchers' website if you have not already done so. Some of the church cemetery records have also been posted, and these go back to before the Civil War.
             Finally, read through the online Census records from this site.
             Later, Carol