The Plank Road

  • jonefa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2009
      Can someone tell me how the Plan Road ran from Greenville to Saratoga?
      Thanks,
      Faye Hays

    • Lawrence Cobb
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2009
        Faye,

        The Plank Road from Greenville to Wilson is shown on the Gilmer Civil
        War maps. It stretches from Greenville to Marboro (Farmville) to
        Maysville to Sarratogo and on to Wilson.

        Larry Cobb
        Greenville, Texas

        On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:29 AM, jonefa wrote:

        > Can someone tell me how the Plan Road ran from Greenville to Saratoga?
        > Thanks,
        > Faye Hays

      • jonefa
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2009
          Thanks, I have a link to that. Will check it out.
          Faye Hays
          The Plank Road from Greenville to Wilson is shown on the Gilmer Civil
          War maps. It stretches from Greenville to Marboro (Farmville) to
          Maysville to Sarratogo and on to Wilson.

          Larry Cobb
          Greenville, Texas

          On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:29 AM, jonefa wrote:

          > Can someone tell me how the Plan Road ran from Greenville to Saratoga?
          > Thanks,
          > Faye Hays

        • Debbie F Murphy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2009
            Faye,

            Its my understanding that its route was almost identical to the original Hwy 264 between Greenville and Wilson.