[genpcfr] Maryland Wills and Personalty

  • Martha Marble
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 1999

      >A little tidbit picked up yesterday - I had to ask someone. In working in
      Maryland, most of the Will abstracts use wording like the following

      >2. p 62 - will of SARAH TULL - relict of THOMAS TULL - Somerset Co - 26
      Nov 1717 - 1 April 1728

      >To son THOMAS, ext, PERSONALTY on condition that he care for his two
      brothers WILLIAM and ISAAC and his two youngest sisters, ESTHER & GRACE
      until of age; tract of land or marsh conveyed by JNO TULL; son SAMUEL to
      have certain privileges there ?? sons ISSAC, WILLIAM and SAMUEL, daughters
      SARAH, RACHEL, ESTHER and GRACE personalty; daughter MARY - 1 shilling;
      sons WILLIAM and ISAAC to care of JEOFFREY LONG to receive their estates at
      age of 18

      >Test JOHN TURPIN, SAML HANDY, JNO BENSON
      > Book 19 p 390
      >

      >The meaning is personal property like a gold ring, clothing etc. Some of
      the Will abstracts of Northampton Co, Va use the same wording.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr