Re: [genpcncfir] Hathaway

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
      I did not research this - nor, did I even note who did [my apology to the researcher]!
      [The "you" mentioned is not you].
      This researcher names "Edward David Hathaway" as Gaston's father.
      Note, Gaston named two of his sons John!
      Marcia

      4-Gaston J. Hathaway and wife Emily Brady
      1850 Pitt Census
      Hathaway, Gaston 33 years old
      Emily 24 y.o.
      James John 5 y.o.
      Ann Eliza 4 y.o.
      Edward D. 2 y.o.*
      (First wife, Emily, apparently died as Gaston Hathaway married Sarah Little on November 18, 1851 in Edgecombe County) See the later census of 1870:
      Hathaway, Gaston 55 y.o.
      Sarah E. 40 y.o.
      Edward 21 y.o.*
      Sarah A. 15 y.o.
      Peggy 12 y.o.
      William 11 y.o.
      Octavia 8 y.o.
      Jesse 5 y.o.
      John 3 y.o.
      * So your line is as follows:
      1-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Jr.
      2-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Sr.
      3-David and Lena Hathaway
      4-Edward David and Lydia Ann Carson Hathaway
      5-Gaston (born circa 1815) and Emily Brady Hathaway.

      mrsjcd3 <deefoxdiacz@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      I have run in to a brick wall and I can't get to NC in the foreseeable future so I'm hoping that someone here can help. My ggg-grandfather was Gaston Hathaway (1816-1871), but I can't seem to find his parents.
      There was a rumor that a John Hathaway is the father, but I can't
      find anything to prove/disprove that. He lived in Pitt county.
      Thanks!

      .

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
        My mistake .... Gaston Hathaway's father is not named. Edward is son!
        Tired after my long drive home from NC with last 8 hours in snow storm.
        Marcia