Re: [genpcncfir] Jacob B. Brooks

  • johncn@umich.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
      Bill.

      Where can I order a Pitt co. and Lenior co. cemetery book from? I
      think I may have seen a posting on this site in the past. Also, I was
      down from michigan last week visiting family and found out that they
      are friends with you. Phylliss and Dr. Daniels. Phylliss is my dads
      cousin.

      John Nichols

      On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Bill Kittrell wrote:

      > We went to the John Brooks cemetery near Grifton, NC today. The
      > gentleman that owns the place has cleaned the cemetery. In doing so
      > he uncovered another stone.
      >
      > The information on this cemetery is in Book Two page 210
      > Please add this name:
      > Jacob B. Brooks
      > b. February 16, 1817 d. October 18, 1890
      >
      > We went there to find the Bland graves as one of our stops today, at
      > Hancock PB Church and Kit Bland house. Was helping Bland
      > family from Brunswick County, NC

    • Ruth Fentress
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
        Bill, John Brooks married first Susanna Blount, sister of my Allen Blount of Pitt Co. ,and Susanna and Allen Blount were children of Jacob Blount of Pitt Co. I will look back at my information for more, if anyone wants it. There are deeds in Pitt proving that relationship.
        Ruth Blount Fentress

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
          My mother's Grandmother was Eva Brooks who married Charles Macon Tucker. They lived on what they call "The Old Brook's Place" The pioneer farm that they moved to the Pitt County Fairground is ( Or WAS!!!!) the old Brook's place. My Mother is Kathryn Brooks Tucker.

          BILL GREENE taxisunltdworldwide@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008