Jacob B. Brooks

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
      We went to the John Brooks cemetery near Grifton, NC today. The
      gentleman that owns the place has cleaned the cemetery. In doing so
      he uncovered another stone.

      The information on this cemetery is in Book Two page 210
      Please add this name:
      Jacob B. Brooks
      b. February 16, 1817 d. October 18, 1890

      We went there to find the Bland graves as one of our stops today, at
      Hancock PB Church and Kit Bland house. Was helping Bland
      family from Brunswick County, NC
    • johncn@umich.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
        Bill.

        Where can I order a Pitt co. and Lenior co. cemetery book from? I
        think I may have seen a posting on this site in the past. Also, I was
        down from michigan last week visiting family and found out that they
        are friends with you. Phylliss and Dr. Daniels. Phylliss is my dads
        cousin.

        John Nichols

        On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Bill Kittrell wrote:

        > We went to the John Brooks cemetery near Grifton, NC today. The
        > gentleman that owns the place has cleaned the cemetery. In doing so
        > he uncovered another stone.
        >
        > The information on this cemetery is in Book Two page 210
        > Please add this name:
        > Jacob B. Brooks
        > b. February 16, 1817 d. October 18, 1890
        >
        > We went there to find the Bland graves as one of our stops today, at
        > Hancock PB Church and Kit Bland house. Was helping Bland
        > family from Brunswick County, NC

      • Ruth Fentress
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
          Bill, John Brooks married first Susanna Blount, sister of my Allen Blount of Pitt Co. ,and Susanna and Allen Blount were children of Jacob Blount of Pitt Co. I will look back at my information for more, if anyone wants it. There are deeds in Pitt proving that relationship.
          Ruth Blount Fentress

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
            My mother's Grandmother was Eva Brooks who married Charles Macon Tucker. They lived on what they call "The Old Brook's Place" The pioneer farm that they moved to the Pitt County Fairground is ( Or WAS!!!!) the old Brook's place. My Mother is Kathryn Brooks Tucker.

            BILL GREENE taxisunltdworldwide@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008