Re: [genpcncfir] Hathaway

  • Martha-Gay Morton
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 2008
      have you looked at the name HATTAWAY which is often tha same family as
      Hathaway. There was a large family of Hattaways that lived on Coneto Creek in Pitt County. I do not remember the name Gaston. There is a substantial amount of
      information on the Hattaway family. Good Luck.
      Martha-Gay Morton

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
        I did not research this - nor, did I even note who did [my apology to the researcher]!
        [The "you" mentioned is not you].
        This researcher names "Edward David Hathaway" as Gaston's father.
        Note, Gaston named two of his sons John!
        Marcia

        4-Gaston J. Hathaway and wife Emily Brady
        1850 Pitt Census
        Hathaway, Gaston 33 years old
        Emily 24 y.o.
        James John 5 y.o.
        Ann Eliza 4 y.o.
        Edward D. 2 y.o.*
        (First wife, Emily, apparently died as Gaston Hathaway married Sarah Little on November 18, 1851 in Edgecombe County) See the later census of 1870:
        Hathaway, Gaston 55 y.o.
        Sarah E. 40 y.o.
        Edward 21 y.o.*
        Sarah A. 15 y.o.
        Peggy 12 y.o.
        William 11 y.o.
        Octavia 8 y.o.
        Jesse 5 y.o.
        John 3 y.o.
        * So your line is as follows:
        1-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Jr.
        2-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Sr.
        3-David and Lena Hathaway
        4-Edward David and Lydia Ann Carson Hathaway
        5-Gaston (born circa 1815) and Emily Brady Hathaway.

        mrsjcd3 <deefoxdiacz@...> wrote:
        Hello,
        I have run in to a brick wall and I can't get to NC in the foreseeable future so I'm hoping that someone here can help. My ggg-grandfather was Gaston Hathaway (1816-1871), but I can't seem to find his parents.
        There was a rumor that a John Hathaway is the father, but I can't
        find anything to prove/disprove that. He lived in Pitt county.
        Thanks!

        .

      • Marcia McLawhorn
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
          My mistake .... Gaston Hathaway's father is not named. Edward is son!
          Tired after my long drive home from NC with last 8 hours in snow storm.
          Marcia