Hathaway

  • mrsjcd3
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
      Hello,

      I have run in to a brick wall and I can't get to NC in the foreseeable
      future so I'm hoping that someone here can help. My ggg-grandfather
      was Gaston Hathaway (1816-1871), but I can't seem to find his parents.
      There was a rumor that a John Hathaway is the father, but I can't
      find anything to prove/disprove that. He lived in Pitt county.

      Thanks!
    • Martha-Gay Morton
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2008
        have you looked at the name HATTAWAY which is often tha same family as
        Hathaway. There was a large family of Hattaways that lived on Coneto Creek in Pitt County. I do not remember the name Gaston. There is a substantial amount of
        information on the Hattaway family. Good Luck.
        Martha-Gay Morton

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
          I did not research this - nor, did I even note who did [my apology to the researcher]!
          [The "you" mentioned is not you].
          This researcher names "Edward David Hathaway" as Gaston's father.
          Note, Gaston named two of his sons John!
          Marcia

          4-Gaston J. Hathaway and wife Emily Brady
          1850 Pitt Census
          Hathaway, Gaston 33 years old
          Emily 24 y.o.
          James John 5 y.o.
          Ann Eliza 4 y.o.
          Edward D. 2 y.o.*
          (First wife, Emily, apparently died as Gaston Hathaway married Sarah Little on November 18, 1851 in Edgecombe County) See the later census of 1870:
          Hathaway, Gaston 55 y.o.
          Sarah E. 40 y.o.
          Edward 21 y.o.*
          Sarah A. 15 y.o.
          Peggy 12 y.o.
          William 11 y.o.
          Octavia 8 y.o.
          Jesse 5 y.o.
          John 3 y.o.
          * So your line is as follows:
          1-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Jr.
          2-Thomas Linwood Hathaway Sr.
          3-David and Lena Hathaway
          4-Edward David and Lydia Ann Carson Hathaway
          5-Gaston (born circa 1815) and Emily Brady Hathaway.

          mrsjcd3 <deefoxdiacz@...> wrote:
          Hello,
          I have run in to a brick wall and I can't get to NC in the foreseeable future so I'm hoping that someone here can help. My ggg-grandfather was Gaston Hathaway (1816-1871), but I can't seem to find his parents.
          There was a rumor that a John Hathaway is the father, but I can't
          find anything to prove/disprove that. He lived in Pitt county.
          Thanks!

          .

        • Marcia McLawhorn
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
            My mistake .... Gaston Hathaway's father is not named. Edward is son!
            Tired after my long drive home from NC with last 8 hours in snow storm.
            Marcia