Re: RANDOLPH

  • rootspuzzle
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
      1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Edgecombe >
      Lower Conetoe > District 3
      Hannah Everett 71 feb 1829 widowed Sylvester Randolph 18 grandson
      March 1882
      Name: Hannah Everett Home in 1900: Lower Conetoe, Edgecombe, North
      Carolina Age: 71 Birth Date: Feb 1829 Birthplace: North Carolina
      Race: Black Ethnicity: American Relationship to head-of-house: Head
      Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North
      Carolina Mother: number of living children: 5 Mother: How many
      children: 8 Marital Status: Widowed Residence : Conetoe Vill.,
      Edgecombe, North Carolina

      1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
      Greenville > District 98
      Culley Wilson 21 Annie Wilson 18 Sylvester Wilson 10/12
      Name: Annie Wilson Age in 1910: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
      Birthplace: North Carolina Relation to Head of House: Wife Father's
      Birth Place: North Carolina Mother's Birth Place: North Carolina
      Spouse's Name: Culley Home in 1910: Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
      Marital Status: Married Race: Black Gender: Female

      1920 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
      Greenville > District 49
      Culley Wilson 30 Annie Wilson 24 Silvester Wilson 10 Alveria Wilson 8
      David Wilson 6 Clayton Wilson 2 5/12 Nanie Wilson 26 sister Ellen A
      Chase 28

      sue
      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, stephannie brown
      <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

      > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
      harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
      pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
      dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
      such a hard time?

      > ________________________________

    • stephannie brown
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
        Thank you for the Randolph Information

        Family Research: Ross;Wilson;McQueen;Randolph;Cobbin (all-sp); Pitt

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
          It looks like Annie named one of her children after her brother Silvester....Didn't you say she had a brother named Silvester also?  Families were all mixed up back then (in a good way) because if someone died, say the parents, the children were taken in by family.  So, on the census, it's hard to tell sometimes who is a brother, child, etc., if they were raised as children by their older siblings.  But in this case, I think Annie had a brother Silvester because we found one about the right age, didn't we?
           Paula Baker

          Thomas Mann

          ________________________________

          <stephanniewilson@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
          harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
          pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
          dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
          such a hard time?

        • stephannie brown
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
            Yes Paula Annie Randolph did have a brother named Sylvester. yes did receive that yesterday please excuse me. thank you Paula.