Re: [genpcncfir] RANDOLPH

  • stephannie brown
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
      Thank you Very much Paula i hesitated to reply earlier because i do not want to sound redundant but here goes with the information that you have provided regarding Harriet Randolph 1800 census how do i know if she's the correct one because i see a couple of children but her daughter Annie is not there maybe she moved to NC then had Annie? please excuse me for being so naive I'm just trying to put the puzzle together.

      Family Research: Ross;Wilson;McQueen;Randolph;Cobbin (all-sp); Pitt

      ________________________________
      I just want to extend my deepest appreciation from the bottom of my heart to everyone for all the help and continuing help with my family research.
      Family Research: Ross;Wilson; McQueen;Randolph ;Cobbin (all-sp); Pitt

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      Hi Paula there is a big possibility that Ryley and Aggie are related to my Harriett Randolph they where in Va as well as NC. is there any way to make a positive connection.

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hello group just to let you know that I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area if there is any information i can gather for anyone please feel free to ask I'll do my best to help you out.

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
          Name: Mrs. Mary W Randolph
          [Mrs. Mary W Williams] Gender: Female Race: Black Age: 75 Birth Date:
          12 Apr 1886 Birth Place: Edgecombe, North Carolina, United States
          Death Date: 29 Dec 1961 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe
          Spouse's Name: Deceased Emanuel Randolph Father's Name: Juke Williams
          Mother's Name: Elizah RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North
          Carolina
          Name: Emanuel Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 70 Birth Date:
          15 Oct 1888 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States Death Date: 29
          Mar 1959 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Nash Spouse's Name: Mary
          Williams Father's Name: Wilson Randolph Mother's Name: Caroline
          Connie RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North Carolina
          Name: Sylvester Robert Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 90
          Birth Date: 16 Apr 1882 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States
          Death Date: 4 Mar 1973 Death Location: Scotland Neck, Halifax
          Spouse's Name: Carrie Randolph Father's Name: Wilson Randolph
          Mother's Name: Carolin Carney RESIDENCE: Scotland Neck, Halifax,
          North Carolina

          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, stephannie brown
          <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

          > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
          harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
          pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
          dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
          such a hard time?

          > ________________________________

        • rootspuzzle
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
            1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Edgecombe >
            Lower Conetoe > District 3
            Hannah Everett 71 feb 1829 widowed Sylvester Randolph 18 grandson
            March 1882
            Name: Hannah Everett Home in 1900: Lower Conetoe, Edgecombe, North
            Carolina Age: 71 Birth Date: Feb 1829 Birthplace: North Carolina
            Race: Black Ethnicity: American Relationship to head-of-house: Head
            Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North
            Carolina Mother: number of living children: 5 Mother: How many
            children: 8 Marital Status: Widowed Residence : Conetoe Vill.,
            Edgecombe, North Carolina

            1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
            Greenville > District 98
            Culley Wilson 21 Annie Wilson 18 Sylvester Wilson 10/12
            Name: Annie Wilson Age in 1910: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
            Birthplace: North Carolina Relation to Head of House: Wife Father's
            Birth Place: North Carolina Mother's Birth Place: North Carolina
            Spouse's Name: Culley Home in 1910: Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
            Marital Status: Married Race: Black Gender: Female

            1920 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
            Greenville > District 49
            Culley Wilson 30 Annie Wilson 24 Silvester Wilson 10 Alveria Wilson 8
            David Wilson 6 Clayton Wilson 2 5/12 Nanie Wilson 26 sister Ellen A
            Chase 28

            sue
            <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

            > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
            harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
            pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
            dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
            such a hard time?

            > ________________________________

          • stephannie brown
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
              Thank you for the Randolph Information

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                It looks like Annie named one of her children after her brother Silvester....Didn't you say she had a brother named Silvester also?  Families were all mixed up back then (in a good way) because if someone died, say the parents, the children were taken in by family.  So, on the census, it's hard to tell sometimes who is a brother, child, etc., if they were raised as children by their older siblings.  But in this case, I think Annie had a brother Silvester because we found one about the right age, didn't we?
                 Paula Baker

                Thomas Mann

                ________________________________

                <stephanniewilson@ ...> wrote:

                > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                such a hard time?

              • stephannie brown
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                  Yes Paula Annie Randolph did have a brother named Sylvester. yes did receive that yesterday please excuse me. thank you Paula.