Re: [genpcncfir] RANDOLPH

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
      In the 1880 census for Pitt I found a Manuel Randolph age 21 living as a boarder with the Mingo Sugg family.
       Paula Baker

      Thomas Mann

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
        Stephannie,

        Above the Ryley Randolph, whose father was born in VA is a Sylas Randolph, whose father was also born in VA.  Ryley's mother is also living with Ryley and Harriett and her name is Aggie.
         Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        ________________________________

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
          Hi Paula there is a big possibility that Ryley and Aggie are related to my Harriett Randolph they where in Va as well as NC. is there any way to make a positive connection.

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
            They are all in Pitt County.  That's the only way I know unless there are some marriage records in Pitt that would have the names of fathers and mothers.  There are some later ones.  You could ask someone on the list to look for you.  Someone who lives in Pitt.  You might glean a little that way.  I'm wondering if those records are online at Ancestry.com.  I could look around to see what I can find.  Can you read the attachments I've been sending you?  The census?
             Paula Baker

            Thomas Mann

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
              I think this is your Harriett Randolph.
               Paula Baker

              Thomas Mann

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                I just want to extend my deepest appreciation from the bottom of my heart to everyone for all the help and continuing help with my family research.

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                  Thank you Very much Paula i hesitated to reply earlier because i do not want to sound redundant but here goes with the information that you have provided regarding Harriet Randolph 1800 census how do i know if she's the correct one because i see a couple of children but her daughter Annie is not there maybe she moved to NC then had Annie? please excuse me for being so naive I'm just trying to put the puzzle together.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                    Hello group just to let you know that I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area if there is any information i can gather for anyone please feel free to ask I'll do my best to help you out.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                      Name: Mrs. Mary W Randolph
                      [Mrs. Mary W Williams] Gender: Female Race: Black Age: 75 Birth Date:
                      12 Apr 1886 Birth Place: Edgecombe, North Carolina, United States
                      Death Date: 29 Dec 1961 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe
                      Spouse's Name: Deceased Emanuel Randolph Father's Name: Juke Williams
                      Mother's Name: Elizah RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North
                      Carolina
                      Name: Emanuel Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 70 Birth Date:
                      15 Oct 1888 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States Death Date: 29
                      Mar 1959 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Nash Spouse's Name: Mary
                      Williams Father's Name: Wilson Randolph Mother's Name: Caroline
                      Connie RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North Carolina
                      Name: Sylvester Robert Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 90
                      Birth Date: 16 Apr 1882 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States
                      Death Date: 4 Mar 1973 Death Location: Scotland Neck, Halifax
                      Spouse's Name: Carrie Randolph Father's Name: Wilson Randolph
                      Mother's Name: Carolin Carney RESIDENCE: Scotland Neck, Halifax,
                      North Carolina

                      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, stephannie brown
                      <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                      harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                      pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                      dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                      such a hard time?

                      > ________________________________

                    • rootspuzzle
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                        1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Edgecombe >
                        Lower Conetoe > District 3
                        Hannah Everett 71 feb 1829 widowed Sylvester Randolph 18 grandson
                        March 1882
                        Name: Hannah Everett Home in 1900: Lower Conetoe, Edgecombe, North
                        Carolina Age: 71 Birth Date: Feb 1829 Birthplace: North Carolina
                        Race: Black Ethnicity: American Relationship to head-of-house: Head
                        Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North
                        Carolina Mother: number of living children: 5 Mother: How many
                        children: 8 Marital Status: Widowed Residence : Conetoe Vill.,
                        Edgecombe, North Carolina

                        1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
                        Greenville > District 98
                        Culley Wilson 21 Annie Wilson 18 Sylvester Wilson 10/12
                        Name: Annie Wilson Age in 1910: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
                        Birthplace: North Carolina Relation to Head of House: Wife Father's
                        Birth Place: North Carolina Mother's Birth Place: North Carolina
                        Spouse's Name: Culley Home in 1910: Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
                        Marital Status: Married Race: Black Gender: Female

                        1920 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
                        Greenville > District 49
                        Culley Wilson 30 Annie Wilson 24 Silvester Wilson 10 Alveria Wilson 8
                        David Wilson 6 Clayton Wilson 2 5/12 Nanie Wilson 26 sister Ellen A
                        Chase 28

                        sue
                        <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                        harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                        pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                        dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                        such a hard time?

                        > ________________________________

                      • stephannie brown
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                          Thank you for the Randolph Information

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                            It looks like Annie named one of her children after her brother Silvester....Didn't you say she had a brother named Silvester also?  Families were all mixed up back then (in a good way) because if someone died, say the parents, the children were taken in by family.  So, on the census, it's hard to tell sometimes who is a brother, child, etc., if they were raised as children by their older siblings.  But in this case, I think Annie had a brother Silvester because we found one about the right age, didn't we?
                             Paula Baker

                            Thomas Mann

                            ________________________________

                            <stephanniewilson@ ...> wrote:

                            > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                            harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                            pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                            dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                            such a hard time?

                          • stephannie brown
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                              Yes Paula Annie Randolph did have a brother named Sylvester. yes did receive that yesterday please excuse me. thank you Paula.