RANDOLPH

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 22, 2008
      Hello Group....
      The below sent to me to share with you! I invite the Sender to join our dynamic Group, just send an email to:
      genpcncfir-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      "Thomas Annie Laura Randolph born 10 Jun 1870 and died 08 May 1958

      R. A. Randolph, daughter of C A Randolph, married on 2/17/1892 Bynum
      Teel.

      R. A. Randolph is the same Annie Laura Randolph

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Paula Baker <paulabaker69@...>
      wrote:

      > I found an Annie E. Randolph b. abt. 1872 in Pitt County who is the
      daughter of John E. Randolph and Cornelia. Is this the one you are
      looking for? Brothers look like James H. Randolph and Leonard
      Randolph. I found a couple more. Give me an approx birthdate if
      this isn't the one.
      > Paula Baker

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 22, 2008
        Paula Baker <paulabaker69@ ...> wrote:
        I found an Annie E. Randolph b. abt. 1872 in Pitt County who is the
        daughter of John E. Randolph and Cornelia. Is this the one you are
        looking for? Brothers look like James H. Randolph and Leonard
        Randolph. I found a couple more. Give me an approx birthdate if
        this isn't the one.
        Paula Baker

        Paula,
        This may be the J. E. Randolph [2May1832 - 1909] married to
        Agnes Cornelia Trezina Stancill [12Jun1842 - 29Aug1901],

        She is the daughter of Henry S. Stancill & Margaret Latham.
        Her sisters: Dorcas Louisa, Sarah Frances & Susanna Adlaid.
        Marcia

      • stephannie brown
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 22, 2008
          Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having such a hard time?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 22, 2008
            Stephannie,
            I have a Annie S. Randolph [b:Jun 1894], sister to John A. Randolph [b:May 1900],
            daughter of Warren Leon Randolph and Harriet L. Briley [b:Jul 1878]. I do not have a husband.

            Warren is the son of Charles Adams "C.A." Randolph & Rutha Warren.
            Harriet is the daughter of William Henry Briley [b:1848] and
            Louisa Moore, who married 22 Nov 1866.
            Marcia

          • stephannie brown
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 22, 2008
              Ok thank you very much Marcia is there any thing else i can do to be sure this is the rite person and family?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 23, 2008
                Stephannie,
                How do you mean "make sure this is right person"?

                Although, I have only one Harriet Randolph, wife. There are probably others.
                I do not research Randolph name; this data came with other info.

                Birth dates given with months are from 1900 census. You could check that census.
                When checking 1900 census, notice neighbors, they may be family members.
                If you could check property transfers, people usually give to theirs.

                I will be unable to answer again for about three days.
                I hope to see some in Pitt/Lenoir/Greene area around Dec 11-14.
                Marcia

                stephannie brown <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:
                Ok thank you very much Marcia is there any thing else i can do to be sure this is the rite person and family?

                .

              • stephannie brown
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 27, 2008
                  HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERONE!!!

                  Family Research: Ross;Wilson;McQueen;Randolph;Cobbin (all-sp); Pitt

                  ________________________________

                  wrote:

                  > I found an Annie E. Randolph b. abt. 1872 in Pitt County who is the
                  daughter of John E. Randolph and Cornelia. Is this the one you are
                  looking for? Brothers look like James H. Randolph and Leonard
                  Randolph. I found a couple more. Give me an approx birthdate if
                  this isn't the one.
                  > Paula Baker
                  ************ ********* ********* ****
                  jewelle@coastalnet. com
                  jewellebaker@ suddenlink. net
                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir
                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/genpcncfir /messages

                • stephannie brown
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 30, 2008
                    Hi Marcia my aunt Annie Mae who is the daughter of Annie Randolph Wilson said she only knew two of her mother siblings and they where Emanuel Randolph that lived in Rocky Mt NC and Sylvester Randolph That lived in Scotland neck NC. and there mother was Harriet.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                      In the 1880 census for Pitt I found a Manuel Randolph age 21 living as a boarder with the Mingo Sugg family.
                       Paula Baker

                      Thomas Mann

                      ________________________________

                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Stephannie,

                        Above the Ryley Randolph, whose father was born in VA is a Sylas Randolph, whose father was also born in VA.  Ryley's mother is also living with Ryley and Harriett and her name is Aggie.
                         Paula Baker

                        Thomas Mann

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                          Hi Paula there is a big possibility that Ryley and Aggie are related to my Harriett Randolph they where in Va as well as NC. is there any way to make a positive connection.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                            They are all in Pitt County.  That's the only way I know unless there are some marriage records in Pitt that would have the names of fathers and mothers.  There are some later ones.  You could ask someone on the list to look for you.  Someone who lives in Pitt.  You might glean a little that way.  I'm wondering if those records are online at Ancestry.com.  I could look around to see what I can find.  Can you read the attachments I've been sending you?  The census?
                             Paula Baker

                            Thomas Mann

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                              I think this is your Harriett Randolph.
                               Paula Baker

                              Thomas Mann

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                                I just want to extend my deepest appreciation from the bottom of my heart to everyone for all the help and continuing help with my family research.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                                  Thank you Very much Paula i hesitated to reply earlier because i do not want to sound redundant but here goes with the information that you have provided regarding Harriet Randolph 1800 census how do i know if she's the correct one because i see a couple of children but her daughter Annie is not there maybe she moved to NC then had Annie? please excuse me for being so naive I'm just trying to put the puzzle together.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 2, 2008
                                    Hello group just to let you know that I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area if there is any information i can gather for anyone please feel free to ask I'll do my best to help you out.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                                      Name: Mrs. Mary W Randolph
                                      [Mrs. Mary W Williams] Gender: Female Race: Black Age: 75 Birth Date:
                                      12 Apr 1886 Birth Place: Edgecombe, North Carolina, United States
                                      Death Date: 29 Dec 1961 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe
                                      Spouse's Name: Deceased Emanuel Randolph Father's Name: Juke Williams
                                      Mother's Name: Elizah RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North
                                      Carolina
                                      Name: Emanuel Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 70 Birth Date:
                                      15 Oct 1888 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States Death Date: 29
                                      Mar 1959 Death Location: Rocky Mount, Nash Spouse's Name: Mary
                                      Williams Father's Name: Wilson Randolph Mother's Name: Caroline
                                      Connie RESIDENCE: Rocky Mount, Edgecombe, North Carolina
                                      Name: Sylvester Robert Randolph Gender: Male Race: Black Age: 90
                                      Birth Date: 16 Apr 1882 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States
                                      Death Date: 4 Mar 1973 Death Location: Scotland Neck, Halifax
                                      Spouse's Name: Carrie Randolph Father's Name: Wilson Randolph
                                      Mother's Name: Carolin Carney RESIDENCE: Scotland Neck, Halifax,
                                      North Carolina

                                      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, stephannie brown
                                      <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                                      harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                                      pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                                      dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                                      such a hard time?

                                      > ________________________________

                                    • rootspuzzle
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                                        1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Edgecombe >
                                        Lower Conetoe > District 3
                                        Hannah Everett 71 feb 1829 widowed Sylvester Randolph 18 grandson
                                        March 1882
                                        Name: Hannah Everett Home in 1900: Lower Conetoe, Edgecombe, North
                                        Carolina Age: 71 Birth Date: Feb 1829 Birthplace: North Carolina
                                        Race: Black Ethnicity: American Relationship to head-of-house: Head
                                        Father's Birthplace: North Carolina Mother's Birthplace: North
                                        Carolina Mother: number of living children: 5 Mother: How many
                                        children: 8 Marital Status: Widowed Residence : Conetoe Vill.,
                                        Edgecombe, North Carolina

                                        1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
                                        Greenville > District 98
                                        Culley Wilson 21 Annie Wilson 18 Sylvester Wilson 10/12
                                        Name: Annie Wilson Age in 1910: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
                                        Birthplace: North Carolina Relation to Head of House: Wife Father's
                                        Birth Place: North Carolina Mother's Birth Place: North Carolina
                                        Spouse's Name: Culley Home in 1910: Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
                                        Marital Status: Married Race: Black Gender: Female

                                        1920 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Pitt >
                                        Greenville > District 49
                                        Culley Wilson 30 Annie Wilson 24 Silvester Wilson 10 Alveria Wilson 8
                                        David Wilson 6 Clayton Wilson 2 5/12 Nanie Wilson 26 sister Ellen A
                                        Chase 28

                                        sue
                                        <stephanniewilson@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                                        harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                                        pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                                        dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                                        such a hard time?

                                        > ________________________________

                                      • stephannie brown
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 3, 2008
                                          Thank you for the Randolph Information

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                                            It looks like Annie named one of her children after her brother Silvester....Didn't you say she had a brother named Silvester also?  Families were all mixed up back then (in a good way) because if someone died, say the parents, the children were taken in by family.  So, on the census, it's hard to tell sometimes who is a brother, child, etc., if they were raised as children by their older siblings.  But in this case, I think Annie had a brother Silvester because we found one about the right age, didn't we?
                                             Paula Baker

                                            Thomas Mann

                                            ________________________________

                                            <stephanniewilson@ ...> wrote:

                                            > Hi Paula Annie Randolph was born around 1894/1895 her mother was
                                            harriett acouple of her siblings where emanuel and sylvester all from
                                            pitt county is it possible that when she married Cully Wilson she
                                            dropped the madian name Randolph could that be the reason i'm having
                                            such a hard time?

                                          • stephannie brown
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 4, 2008
                                              Yes Paula Annie Randolph did have a brother named Sylvester. yes did receive that yesterday please excuse me. thank you Paula.