Gardner Family

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
      Judy,
      Thank you for sharing. I do not research this family, but do have some questions.

      How is the Arthur Gardner, who replaced Sylvester Gardner as overseer of the road leading from W. S. Smith to Gardner's Ford, related to Sylvester Gardner?

      Could Betsy Gardner, who married [27 Mar 1834] William Franks [born in Spain] is actually Betsey Delamar, the last wife of William Gardner [married:29 Apr 1812 Craven County]?

      Marcia

    • Shade Barnes
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
        Hi,

        I a descendant of William Franks so I am very interested to see what the response is to Betsy Gardner or Betsey Delamar..... Please keep me informed.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi Marcia,

          I don't have Betsy or William in my family line so I have no additional info on them.

          As for Arthur Gardner, I don't know him either.  I have not found him in the Census Records which makes me wonder if perhaps Arthur is a middle name.

          I'll let you know if anything comes up...Judy

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2008
            Hello,

            I am an off spring of William Franks.   I do not have anything on Betsy being a Delemar, my records show that he married Betsey Gardner.   I do not have any info on Betsey Gardner and was hoping someone who researches the Gardner's would have her and share with me her family info.

            Thanks