Chronicles of Pitt Co - Volume II

  • Shade Barnes
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2008
      Could someone who has this volume look in it and see if you see anything on David Tripp from Vanceboro area.   Also, looking for Franks, Summerell and Smith's from this area.

      Thanks

      Deborah Barnes

      Does anyone know if the libraries in Craven and Pamlico have copies of this volume where you can look up?   I have Volume I.

    • Judy N. Lewis
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 21, 2008
        I don't see David Tripp listed in Vol. II.

        The Franks from the Ernul/Vanceboro area are mine.  Andrew and Patsy Franks are my third great grandparents through their daughter Barzilla who married Ephraim Simpkins.

        Judy

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2008
          I cannot recall the Tripp man's name but I talked with a Mr. Tripp
          who lived on the back road from NC 118 to Streets Ferry. I
          want to say it was near Pitch Kettle or some name like that.
          He lived on land that once was owned by John Allen (Washington
          is supposed to have stopped here. I was thinking he died
          recently. I thought he told me his family was from Ayden, originally.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 21, 2008
            Bill,

            The man whom you are talking about was John Cotten Tripp and yes he died.  And yes it was at Pitch Kettle, that is where David Tripp lived at.

            Judy,

            The Franks line, I am off of William Franks, Charles Madison Franks would have been my great grandfather, my granddad was one of his sons Ernest Edward Franks.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 24, 2008
              In Pitt County, Daisy Susan Skinner (b1883) married Jesse Murphy (b1870) in 1901. Her parents are believed to be Louisa and James Skinner.

              My research has a Louisa McCoy, daughter of Mary A. King and William Stanley McCoy, Jr. She married to an unknown Skinner. Her estimated birth year is after 1853.

              Is Louisa, James Skinner's wife, Louisa McCoy?
              Marcia

            • Annette Roebuck
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 24, 2008
                My Skinners show James Skinner b1Mar 1842 d7Mar 1893 married to Louisa McCoy b 1jul 1854 died 23 June 1921. I don't have any more information about this couple. My grandfather was Roy Skinner

              • Marcia McLawhorn
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 24, 2008
                  Thanks so much Annette.

                  With the info you provided, I was able to give Daisy Susan Skinner
                  a considerable maternal line...
                  Thanks, Marcia

                  Annette Roebuck <aroebuck@...> wrote:

                  My Skinners show James Skinner b1Mar 1842 d7Mar 1893 married to Louisa McCoy b 1jul 1854 died 23 June 1921. I don't have any more information about this couple. My grandfather was Roy Skinner

                • K Murray
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
                    hi marcia   do you or any you know have info about nathaniel skinner 1840-1921 & mary farmer 1851-1919.also his father & mother,henry skinner &hepsie moore,bn abt 1790...1811.these are my gr&ggr grandparents.i think henry migrated from edgecocombe co nc ,abt 1800, into lenoir co n c.i believe henry,s parents were nathaniel  & .sarah were from edgecombe co, bn bef 1770. i would appreciate very much any help that you or any one could give me.....ken....serching for murray,boone,skinner,cannon,bartlett,homles,farmer,moore

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
                      17015 Pitt

                      hi marcia do you or any you know have info about
                      nathaniel skinner 1840-1921 &

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1921 >
                      December
                      Name: Nathan Skinner Gender: Male Race: White Widowed
                      Age: 87 Birth Date: 1 Oct 1834 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina,
                      United States Death Date: 4 Dec 1921 Death Location: Institute,
                      Lenoir Father's Name: Henry Skinner Mother's Name: Hepsie Skinner
                      Emerson graveyard

                      mary farmer 1851-1919.also his father & mother,henry skinner &hepsie
                      moore,bn
                      abt 1790...1811.these are my gr&ggr grandparents.i think henry
                      migrated from
                      edgecocombe co nc ,abt 1800, into lenoir co n c.i believe henry,s
                      parents were
                      nathaniel & .sarah were from edgecombe co, bn bef 1770. i would
                      appreciate very
                      much any help that you or any one could give me.....ken....serching
                      for
                      murray,boone,skinner,cannon,bartlett,homles,farmer,moore

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Greene > 1921 >
                      November
                      Name: William H Skinner Gender: Male Race: White Widowed
                      Age: 91 Birth Date: 21 Feb 1830 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina,
                      United States Death Date: 22 Nov 1921 Death Location: Hookerton,
                      Greene Spouse's Name: Emmiza Skinner Father's Name: Henry Skinner
                      Mother's Name: Hepsie Worthington
                      Eli Williams Cemetery Farmville Township? Pitt Co.

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1921 > March
                      Name: Mary Elizabeth Skinner
                      [Mary Elizabeth Walters] Gender: Female Race: White Married
                      Age: 41 Birth Date: 24 Apr 1879 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina,
                      United States Death Date: 14 Mar 1921 Death Location: Institute,
                      Lenoir Spouse's Name: Henry Skinner Father's Name: John Walters
                      Mother's Name: Sallie Edgley

                      1920 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir >
                      Institute > District 56
                      8-8 Henry Spinner (Skinner) 48 {1872} Mary E Spinner 41 {1879}
                      William H Spinner 15 {1905} Nathaniel W Spinner 12 {1908} Clarence
                      Spinner 10 {1910} Letha Spinner 9 {1911} Sallie Spinner 7 {1913}
                      Nathaniel Spinner 88 gfather {1832}

                      1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir >
                      Institute > District 65
                      8-8 Henry Skinner 39 md2: 6 Lizzie Skinner 24 md1:6 ch:4-liv:4
                      Carrie Skinner 10 Henry Skinner 5 Nathaniel Skinner 3 Clarence
                      Skinner 11/12

                      1910 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir >
                      Institute > District 65
                      10-10 Nathan Skinner 75 md1:42 Mary Skinner 56 md1:42 ch:13-liv:3
                      Hattie Skinner 20 daug md1:1 ch:1-liv:1 Smithy Skinner 10/12 gdaug

                      1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir > Falling
                      Creek > District 42
                      79-79 Nathan Skinner 63 head oct 1836 md:33 Mary Skinner 46 wife
                      sept 1853 md:33 ch:13-liv:10 Drew Skinner 21 son mar 1879 Sim
                      Skinner 16 son jan 1884 Annie Skinner 14 daug feb 1886 Effie Skinner
                      13 daug may 1887 Hattie Skinner 11 daug may 1889

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1931 > July
                      Name: Effie Lenny Carlyle
                      [Effie Lenny Skinner] Gender: Female Race: White Age: 34 Birth Date:
                      5 May 1897 Birth Place: Lenoir Death Date: 1 Jul 1931 Death Location:
                      Kinston, Lenoir Father's Name: Nathan Skinner Mother's Name: Mary
                      Farmer

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1940 >
                      November
                      Name: Zebbie V Carlyle Gender: Male Race: White Age: 30 Birth Date: 4
                      Mar 1910 Birth Place: Lenoir Death Date: 22 Nov 1940 Death Location:
                      Rfd, Lenoir Spouse's Name: Grase Carlyle (Grace)Father's Name: K C
                      Carlyle Mother's Name: Effie Skinner RESIDENCE: Kinston, Lenoir,
                      North Carolina

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1964 > October
                      Name: Hattie Skinner Cannon
                      [Hattie Skinner Skinner] Gender: Female Race: White Age: 76 Birth
                      Date: 5 May 1888 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina, United States
                      Death Date: 16 Oct 1964 Death Location: Kinston, Lenoir Spouse's
                      Name: Jesse James Cannon Father's Name: Nathan Skinner Mother's Name:
                      Mary Farmer RESIDENCE: Kinston, Lenoir, North Carolina

                      1900 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir > Kinston
                      > District 44
                      343-396 James Benton 35 Sallie Benton 26 Geneva Benton 9 Reginald
                      Benton 3 Ashton Benton 1 William Skinner 32 Boarder feb 1868 md:9
                      Sudie Skinner 32 wife feb 1868 md:9 ch:0

                      1880 United States Federal Census > North Carolina > Lenoir > Lenoir
                      Institute > District 87
                      25-25 Nathan Skinner 40 Mary Skinner 29 William Skinner 11 Henry
                      Skinner 10 Nathan Skinner 6 Drewry Skinner 4 Zebulon Skinner 2 Mary
                      A. Skinner 3M daug march

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1962 > August
                      Name: Mary Skinner Edgely
                      [Mary Skinner Skinner] Gender: Female Race: White Age: 75 Birth Date:
                      24 Mar 1887 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina, United States Death
                      Date: 25 Aug 1962 Death Location: Kinston, Lenoir Spouse's Name: J W
                      Edgely Father's Name: Nathan Skinner Mother's Name: Mary Farmer
                      RESIDENCE: Kinston, Lenoir, North Carolina

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1934 > March
                      Name: Drew Skinner Gender: Male Race: White Age: 56 Birth Date: 29
                      Mar 1877 Birth Place: Lenoir, North Carolina, United States Death
                      Date: 21 Mar 1934 Death Location: Kinston, Lenoir Spouse's Name:
                      Lillie Skinner Father's Name: Nathan Skinner Mother's Name: Mary
                      Fanner (Farmer)

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1940 > April
                      Name: Mrs. Lillie Skinner
                      [Mrs. Lillie Mills] Gender: Female Race: White Age: 38 Birth Date: 7
                      Feb 1902 Birth Place: Pitt Death Date: 1 Apr 1940 Death Location:
                      Kinston, Lenoir Spouse's Name: Mr. Drew Skinner Father's Name: Mr.
                      Arden Mills Mother's Name: Mattie Croft

                      North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975 > Lenoir > 1940 > July
                      Name: Henry Skinner Gender: Male Race: White Age: 70 Birth Date: 22
                      Apr 1870 Birth Place: Lenoir Death Date: 24 Jul 1940 Death Location:
                      Institute, Lenoir Spouse's Name: Avea Skinner Father's Name: Nathan
                      Skinner Mother's Name: Mary Fannie (Farmer) Skinner RESIDENCE:
                      Lenoir, North Carolina