RE: [genpcncfir] farm cemeteries in Edgecombe

  • Annette Roebuck
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 26 1:43 PM
      I will try and get them out tomorrow. Hope it will help

    • dmbohall29@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 26 3:20 PM
        Thanks for sharing.

        Doris Bohall

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 26 5:48 PM
          Here it is

        • cherylannjones@juno.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 27 6:17 AM
            I also am interested in getting the Edgecombe cemeteries
            cherylannjones@...

            Thanks,
            \Cheryl
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 27 11:36 AM
              I'm interested too in the cemeteries.  Especially if there are any Bakers in them.
               Paula Baker

              Thomas Mann

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 28 5:31 PM
                Me too! Thank you so much!! J

                Charlotte Varnell Beck

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 29 3:11 PM
                  Annette,

                  I am interested in the Edgecombe County farm cemeteries. I was not able
                  to find your information enclosed in any of the e-mails.

                  If you do not already have it, I can share my CUMMINGS farm cemetery
                  information at Suggs Crossroad in Edgecombe.

                  Linda Bridgers Boyette

                • tysown22
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                    Is there anyone still recording or researching farm cemeteries? I am trying to find the African American Edwards cemetery. I found the one for William B. Edwards' family, off Stalling and Edgecombe Church Rd. and was told the other one was nearby. I was unable to locate it. I found an interment record for an Edwards descendent for 2001 so I am hoping the place is in fair shape. I have a list of names for other individuals said to rest in the same cemetery if anyone is has some insight. Another source mentioned the African American cemetery had two parts, one much older than the other. If anyone can help me solve the mystery of the missing cemetery it would be greatly appreciated.

                    Ty

                    --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Charlotte Beck" <cvbeck@...> wrote:

                    > Me too! Thank you so much!! J
                    >

                    > Charlotte Varnell Beck

                  • Annette Roebuck
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 10, 2010
                      I have cemeteries in Edgecombe Cty close to Bethel, Conetoe. Is this in your area.

                      Annette Ginn Roebuck, Senior Sis

                      > To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: tysown22@...
                      > Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:34:28 +0000
                      > Subject: [genpcncfir] farm cemeteries in Edgecombe
                      >
                      > Is there anyone still recording or researching farm cemeteries? I am trying to find the African American Edwards cemetery. I found the one for William B. Edwards' family, off Stalling and Edgecombe Church Rd. and was told the other one was nearby. I was unable to locate it. I found an interment record for an Edwards descendent for 2001 so I am hoping the place is in fair shape. I have a list of names for other individuals said to rest in the same cemetery if anyone is has some insight. Another source mentioned the African American cemetery had two parts, one much older than the other. If anyone can help me solve the mystery of the missing cemetery it would be greatly appreciated.
                      >
                      > Ty
                      >

                      > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Charlotte Beck" <cvbeck@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Me too! Thank you so much!! J
                      > >

                      > > Charlotte Varnell Beck

                    • tysown22
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 10, 2010
                        I would like to give a definite answer but am not familiar with the exact sections of Edgecombe or Pitt. --I am far from being a native. I do know I was not too far from Macclesfield (sp?). (I remember seeing a sign). Also, it did not take me long to reach Fountain after my unsuccessful hunt.

                        I am looking for the following individuals all said to be in the same cemetery:

                        Roscoe Wooten- NC PVT Co. D Infantry WWI
                        Born Feb 4, 1891
                        Died Aug. 27, 1954
                        (Becky Ann's husband)

                        James Rufus Edge
                        Born July 1, 1903
                        Died Jan. 16, 1956

                        Margaret "Mag" Parker
                        Born June 8, 1905
                        Died Apr 13, 2001
                        (Margaret Wooten Parker)

                        Bruce Wooten, Jr.
                        Born March 7, 1920
                        Died Oct. 16, 1991
                        (Mag's Bruce—not a Jr.)

                        James K. Edwards
                        Born March 8, 1945
                        Died Aug 7, 1991

                        Addie Taylor
                        Born Dec 25, 1907
                        Died Apr 14, 1995

                        Rev. Chesterfield Knight
                        Born July 25, 1883
                        Died Feb 20, 1947

                        Harriet Knight
                        Born June 30, 1884
                        Died June 4, 1943 (on the headstone) actual date is 1983

                        Mr. Lonnie Gorham
                        Born May 20, 1917
                        Died May 26, 1981

                        Nervive Edwards
                        Born Oct 5, 1926
                        Died April 1, 1978

                        Calvin Edwards
                        Born March 15, 1928
                        Died Oct 4, 1992

                        Billy Edwards
                        May 6, 1951-Oct 30, 1979

                        Lester E. Wards
                        Apr 2, 1919-Mar 1, 1984

                        Manerva Vines
                        June 1850-Mar 30, 1924

                        Rebecca Edwards
                        Oct 1857-Aug 1923

                        Nora Edwards
                        Oct 1, 1892-May 29, 1921

                        I received this list from a man who called it the Bryant cemetery/ William Bryant cemetery/William Bryant Edwards cemetery.

                        In Conetoe, I would have Bakers and Spells.

                        Ty
                        Researching Wooten, Edwards, Eason, Spell, Baker, Tyson, Corey, Moore, McClain, Barron, and Reid

                        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roebuck <aroebuck@...> wrote:

                        > I have cemeteries in Edgecombe Cty close to Bethel, Conetoe. Is this in your area.
                        >

                        > Annette Ginn Roebuck, Senior Sis

                      • cheryl rhoden
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 10, 2010
                          Hi Ty and all researching in Edgecombe ,,

                          I admit I haven't been paying attention here to these last number of emails ,, because my research is in Pitt and formerly Beaufort/Bath (and before that various districts. So, I'm not sure if research in Edgecombe is pertinent to the research I have done. If it is ,, I would be happy to share it. I'm researching Moores in Pitt County in the early 1700s. So far the names you all have posted are not any that I have research to share.
                          best, cheryl o7o

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                            My apologies if my post was of little interest. I found it when doing an advanced search in hopes of discovering if Charlotte Beck was still an active participant in the forum. It was something of interest to me, so i revived the old message with a new thread.

                            I am researching African Americans so often the majority of the posts do not generally apply to me. I suppose I was swept up in the excitement of having leads.

                            Ty

                            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, cheryl rhoden <rhodenccc@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Ty and all researching in Edgecombe ,,
                            >
                            > I admit I haven't been paying attention here to these last number of emails ,, because my research is in Pitt and formerly Beaufort/Bath (and before that various districts. So, I'm not sure if research in Edgecombe is pertinent to the research I have done. If it is ,, I would be happy to share it. I'm researching Moores in Pitt County in the early 1700s. So far the names you all have posted are not any that I have research to share.
                            > best, cheryl o7o

                          • cheryl rhoden
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                              Dear Ty,

                              Please don't take the lack of response as little interest. This group mostly concentrates on Pitt Co but does share info from other counties if they can help out with leads and resources. There are some wonderful researchers in this group that do share when they have something to share. Have you been on the 'freeafricanamerican' site? I can dig up that link for you if you haven't been there yet. And, they by no means limit the research there to African Americans but it is a great resource for that research. I have found wonderful info there. And, in the various wills of landlowners that name the slave in their wills. So, you also need to hunt around for those in the area you're researching if you believe your ancestors were slaves or indentured servants.

                              So, keep being excited about new leads and don't be overly disappointed if it doesn't pan out. My cousins and I just keep digging and we have found amazing information in the most unlikely places. Then we beat our heads against that brick wall and say "I can't ,, I can't do this anymore." Then, of course, we do because the hunt is so much fun and so interesting. Sometimes it isn't easy research ,, but it is always interesting.

                              all best, Cheryl o7o