Edgecombe County Cemetery Book

  • Jo
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22, 2008
      The Edgecombe County Genealogical Society is proud to announce that
      their first cemetery book has been published, and is ready for sale.
      This is the first cemetery book for Edgecombe County since 1959 when
      Ruth Smith Williams and Margarette Glenn Griffin published their book.

      The name of the book is "Edgecombe County, North Carolina Cemeteries
      Volume 1". The book has cemeteries from different parts of the county,
      and also includes a map of each of the 14 townships.

      There will be more books in the future.

      The books are prepaid and the cost is $25.00 plus $10.00 for shipping
      and
      handling.

      Jo Webb
      Co-President
      Editor
    • Jo
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22, 2008
        I'm sorry the SH is $5.00, not $10.00

        Jo

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Jo" <joewebb@...> wrote:

        > The Edgecombe County Genealogical Society is proud to announce that
        > their first cemetery book has been published, and is ready for
        sale.
        > This is the first cemetery book for Edgecombe County since 1959
        when
        > Ruth Smith Williams and Margarette Glenn Griffin published their
        book.

        > The name of the book is "Edgecombe County, North Carolina
        Cemeteries
        > Volume 1". The book has cemeteries from different parts of the
        county,
        > and also includes a map of each of the 14 townships.
        >
        > There will be more books in the future.
        >
        > The books are prepaid and the cost is $25.00 plus $10.00 for
        shipping
        > and
        > handling.
        >
        > Jo Webb
        > Co-President
        > Editor

      • Annette Roebuck
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 22, 2008
          I have some cemeteries from farms in Edgecombe County if you are interested. If you don't have them, You can get them from me

        • Joe Webb
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 22, 2008
            Annette,

            I am very interested in the cemeteries.

            Jo

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
              Is Speight's Chapel Cemetery included in this publication? The
              cemetery is located in a rural area near Whitakers, NC (Edgecombe
              Co.). Many of my ancestors are buried there. The church was founded
              in 1877 and it still has a working congregation.

              Thanks,

              John

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                Speight's Chapel Cemetery is not in this publication. It will be in a future one.

                Jo

              • LdMel1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                  I would like to have a copy of them if you don' t mind emailing them to me.? I am researching Harrell, Dunn, Hales, Davis, Bunn, and others in Edgecombe.? Thanks in advance.

                  Have a blessed day
                  Linda

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                    I will get them to you. I lived in Edgecombe Count from 8 years of age until 21. Cemeteries are a love of my heart. I can't wait for it to get cold so I can go hunting again.

                  • LdMel1@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                      Where can we order this book?

                      Have a blessed day
                      Linda

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                        I have a cemetery in a clump of trees in greene id like somebody to check out my cousin betty knows where it is

                        ----------

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                          Mailing address is

                          ECGS
                          PO Box 656
                          Pinetops, NC 27864

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 23, 2008
                            Who is in the cemetery you are looking and what is the name of it?

                            Have a blessed day
                            Linda

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 24, 2008
                              You have some of these, I'm sure. More are coming

                            • Wanda Dwyer
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 25, 2008
                                I am trying to locate the grave of my gggrandmonther. Her name was Jessie
                                Emily Warren her fathr was Jonas Warren. she married Henry Clay Wainwright
                                and died at a young age. Death certificate shows she was buried in the
                                family plot. Her mother's family was from Edgecombe DeLoach...thought maybe
                                she might be buried in that county. Can't find anything in Pitt or Beaufort
                                County.

                                Any help would be appreciated

                                Wanda Dwyer