Re: [genpcncfir] Belvoir Township (???)

  • Bobby Atkinson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 16, 2008
      Hello Claude
      I am sorry that I did not respond to your email earlier, I do not check this email daily.  We have corresponded in the pass.  I will send you a link to my tree on ancestry.com.  Maybe you can tie the families together some way.  Then you can let me know how the families connect.  I will send the link to your att.net email.  Keep in touch and let me know if you can see my tree.  Thanks

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 20, 2008
        Hi Paula and Cousin Claude,

        I've read your query and responses. I have been researching the? following African American? families?Thomas Bell? (b.1828)?and Henrietta Norris Bell who lived in (Belvoir) and this family moved he Rives, Reeve, Rieves, Reeves?(Falkland),??Adam Hemby (1822)and Jenny/ie Baker Hemby(1824), Freeman Hemby (lived to be 100/103 years old) - his mini autobiography was written in the Greenville Daily Newspaper in 1938 by a Mr.Walsh.
        I'm looking for any additional information / tips available. I'm looking for information from family bibles?, etc. I've been to Raleigh (Archives) and Greenville (Courthouse/City Hall) to review records as well.? The?African American Hemby's will gather in Raleigh, NC for a family reunion from Sept. 5-6.
        ?
        Demetria Tucker
        540/529-5662

        I remember you well.? You were one of the first people I contacted when I started my research.? Claude, do you have any African American Bakers in your ancestry?? From around Pitt or Greene or Gates counties?
        ?Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 23, 2008
          Is there anything in particular that you don't have that I could look around for online?  I'd be glad to help.  I have an interest in Richard Baker/Easter Mitchell family from Greene Co NC.  They are African-American.  I don't know who his father was, but his mother COULD have been Laney Baker of Greene Co.
           Paula Baker

          Thomas Mann

        • DTucker332@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 23, 2008
            Hi Paula,
            I've seen the name Laney/Gracey Tyson?living in the same household in the 1870 Census (Greene Co.)?with Adam Hemby (1820)?and wife Jenny Baker Hemby (1821)-? Adam are the??parents of Freeman Hemby (1849-1950) and his first wife Anna/Annie/Anas?Blount (1849) had thirteen children coming out of Beaverdam, then Greene County and?from their to Pitt Count/Greenville.??
            Laney/Lucy, Adam and Jenny were both listed in the Bill of Sales and Will of William? Hemby (1792-1861?and Nancy "Polly"Tyson(1796-1844) Hemby?Hemby.? I did consult Roger Krammer years ago with information on Freeman Hemby and he provided me with some excellent information and insight.? Do you have any information about Tiller and Dina Baker? /

            I have Henry Rives married to Harriet Rives and from that union Alfred Rives (1853) married (28-2-1876) to Queen Johnson (1858-1950)-lived in Falkland. ?From that union six children were born.-

            I have tried to locate information on the mother/father of? my ggg grandfather)Thomas Bell (Belvoir) who married Henrietta Harris/-Norris (1850)? I located their marriage certificate in Raleigh and it also listed in the Book by Dr. Barnetta McGhee White " Somebody Knows My Name" Marriages of Freed People in North Carolina County by County . I've been trying to link family stories and information on the Bells. I've heard of Bells Arthur but can't find any connection.

            Again, thanks to Roger, I located information on Austin Flood who married Frances Flood in 1850- Both were also listed in Dr. Barnetta White's book. I have not been able to locate their parents.

            Any information?/assistance will be appreciated.
            Thanks

            Demetria

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 23, 2008
              Will look for u monday on phone email rite now